Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds now have best record in NL

Reds now have best record in NL

I know its early but, woot woot!!
    Last edited by macro; 05-29-2010 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Clarification of vague thread title

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: reds...

Still wont get more than 1 1 minute segment on any ESPN channel. MLB network does a much better job but still it seems like they are never really talking about the Reds either. Its possible that I just always miss it with them though.

yeah I hear you there. its actually becoming a fun year to be a reds fan. reminds me of the 99 season when everything was going their way until that stupid brewers series..

crazy to think that only the Rays and Yankees have better records and the Yankees are only better by a half game.
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Brennemania runs wild on you!!

WOOHOO!!!!!

It's going to take winning the Series in St. Louis AND remaining in first place.

You don't get a lot of attention when you whip on the Astros and Pirates.

Cheers to the REDS, though.

30,000 liked it last night.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I DJ on the weekends and last night the Reds were a hot topic at the bar. Lots of people really into them this season and talking about going to games. I haven't been yet, but I'm getting ready to support them and buy some tickets. They deserve it.

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

Were going to "take this town" and "paint the town RED!!!!" Its gonna be a fun summer.
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyRedsFan View Post
    crazy to think that only the Rays and Yankees have better records and the Yankees are only better by a half game.
    Its also crazy to look at the NL team batting stats. The Reds lead in runs scored, RBI, HR, AVG, OBP, SLG and OPS. The OPS isnt even close. The Reds are at .798 and the Brewers are next at .781. When you filter the team pitching by the month of May, you get a real sense of what this team is capable of pitching-wise.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/...OPS/order/true

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

The Reds lead all of the major leagues, for the month of May, in batting average (.298), SLG, and OBP.

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/sortable_te...it&timeFrame=1

if after June we are still in the top 3-5 of those stats, I will then be pumped to the tilt......we have padded those stats against some pretty mediocre teams. Lets see what those stats look like after we go out west for 2 weeks...June is going to be fin to watch. Dodgers, Giants, Mariners, Phillies, Cardinals..

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Still wont get more than 1 1 minute segment on any ESPN channel. MLB network does a much better job but still it seems like they are never really talking about the Reds either. Its possible that I just always miss it with them though.
    Especially with Halladay's perfect game, and with the Reds playing the Astros.

Re: Reds now have best record in NL

Reds have the 2nd best record in baseball. Bet anyone other than people who visit this board knows that?

Re: Reds now have best record in NL

I was stunned that the Yankees lost. I saw that score and they were up 9-3 in the 6th inning.

That's almost a Reds in Atlanta type of collapse and in some ways even though it didn't happen all in one inning, it was a worse collapse. The Yankees were at home and playing a far worse team.

Saw David Huff got hit by a line drive off the bat of A-Rod too. Glad to hear he's alright.

Turn Off Ads?