Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds PBP Announcer

Reds PBP Announcer

Who in the world hired the douchbag that did the play by play last night? Guy reminded me of the "Summer Stock" character in the Howard Stern movie. A grand slam and you'd thought it was a routine fly ball. Man I miss George Grande and Chris Welsh, I do like Thom, he's like his daddy, calls em like he sees em. But this other guy that was on there last night, wow, just wow.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds PBP Announcer

So...you didn't like him?
    Hey Homer! If you can put it together, you'll put the Reds over the top....think about it.

Absotively!

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

I was listening to the radio with Marty and Jim Kelch.Kelch leave's left than to be desired.

Just once I'd like to hear Kelch tell it like it is. Marty has truly spoiled us Reds fans.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I've actually warmed up to Kelch. I wanted Dan Hoard hired, but Kelch is growing on me.

I absolutely love listening to Cowboy. He is just fun to listen to. I also enjoy his knowledge of the game. But I'm probably in the minority.

Paul Keels is the one I haven't really warmed up to yet.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

That was the voice of the Buckeyes, Paul Keels, on TV last night.

I enjoy Keels doing Buckeye football games. Maybe part of it goes back to when I was working in radio and sitting in our station on Saturday afternoons running the board and listening to Ohio State win almost every week.

But he just has not impressed me in the least doing Reds games.

Keels is horrible as a baseball PBP guy, Kelch is doable

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I've actually warmed up to Kelch. I wanted Dan Hoard hired, but Kelch is growing on me.

I absolutely love listening to Cowboy. He is just fun to listen to. I also enjoy his knowledge of the game. But I'm probably in the minority.

Paul Keels is the one I haven't really warmed up to yet.
    I completely agree with you--Brantley is just entertaining, and he can break down a pitcher like nobody I've heard before.

Paul Keels is a zombie. Also, when Bruce hit his second homer of the night, did Keels say "That's his second dong of the night."?

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Marty is great. His son is good. Brantley is entertaining (in a good way). Everyone else can get on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    Marty is great. His son is good. Brantley is entertaining (in a good way). Everyone else can get on my nerves.
    +1

Keels shows no emotion at all on a good play or a homerun. In fact, I would rather hear Joe Buck than Keels and thats sayin something !

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    +1

We need Marty and Thom to take turns doing play by play and have Brantley always there to comment and notice things only pitchers would notice. Then we use that broadcast on TV and Radio.

The only guy I would feel bad for was Chris Welsh. He's paid his dues and is actually not bad. Average, but not bad.

any combination of brantley or the brennamens is fine by me.

i must say when grande and welsh did the games i just put the tv on mute and listened to the radio.

Turn Off Ads?