Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Transactions

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Transactions

Perhaps he is starting higher than LaMarre simply because Dayton needed a guy who could play center fielder, while Lynchburg doesn't need a guy like that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm still quite confused as to where Lohman is going to play, with Hamilton, Rojas, and Gregorious all occupying SS in Billings-Lynchburg.

Is Greene going to play CF?
    Go BLUE!!!

And don't forget, Felix Perez has to fit in there somewhere. Although he might go to Carolina, given his age. Anytime, I'd venture.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Is Greene going to play CF?
    Don't know but he's listed as a LF on the Hillcats' roster.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    And don't forget, Felix Perez has to fit in there somewhere. Although he might go to Carolina, given his age. Anytime, I'd venture.
    I think Perez starts at Lynchburg, where he'll be flanked by Greene and Fellhauer. Sappelt is holding down CF pretty well in Carolina at the moment.
    Go BLUE!!!

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I think Perez starts at Lynchburg, where he'll be flanked by Greene and Fellhauer. Sappelt is holding down CF pretty well in Carolina at the moment.
    Sappelt should be pushed to Louisville after the All Star game. He has raked for 2 straight months at Carolina (nearly identical slashes, like freaky identical)and Chris Burke has done nothing to keep his spot at Louisville. It might shine Sappelt up as a trade piece or maybe make Heisey more available if he continues his progression. Not to mention the improved defense he brings over Burke in the OF which could help out the Louisville pitching and providing a spark at the top of the order...

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    Sappelt should be pushed to Louisville after the All Star game. He has raked for 2 straight months at Carolina (nearly identical slashes, like freaky identical)and Chris Burke has done nothing to keep his spot at Louisville. It might shine Sappelt up as a trade piece or maybe make Heisey more available if he continues his progression. Not to mention the improved defense he brings over Burke in the OF which could help out the Louisville pitching and providing a spark at the top of the order...
    I don't think Sappelt is going anywhere. He has already been promoted once this season, and he is having two very good months at a new level, especially after putting up very pedestrian numbers for the majority of his career. Barring a major surge, I'd be pretty surprised if he doesn't stay in Carolina for the rest of 2010.

Plus, Chris Burke is still an insurance policy (albeit quite a far-fetched one) for the big league team, given his major league experience. It doesn't hurt to have one of those guys in AAA (which is essentially all they currently have.)
    Go BLUE!!!

Nothing major here but Volquez is officially on the Bats' roster now.

Is the signing of Matthews, Jr. the end of Chris Burke?

Chris Burke hitting below .220 all season should have been the end of Chris Burke

Yeah. I just looked, and he's actually been hot of late (way up to .238), so it would be a strange time to release him....but he's a veteran who I would be shocked to ever see make it onto the Major League roster.

Re: LaMarre and Greene. LaMarre signed before Greene and his signing was simultanious to Means breaking his finger. Dayton had no one with the range to play center field and LaMarre was sent there. Then Greene signed. He can play second, short, or outfield. Dayton really did not have a spot for him. On the other hand, Lynchburg was really short on corner outfielders. The only way he could have gone to Dayton was if he went there to play second base with Henry Rodriguez moving to third, but at that time, Frank Pfister was hitter over .290 at third.

The only full-season A players who have the range to play center are Means, LaMarre, Contreras, and Fellhauer (and Reed when he is active). There are some other guys who can play in a pinch, like Oliveras, but not everyday. I am not sure about Greene in center.

As far as Sappelt...he is hitting but Henry would likely be the first to go up. I have never been a Sappelt booster but you can't argue with what he has done this season. Still, he is likely to stay in Carolina.

Also, look for Ware to go to Lynchburg this week and Kevin Arico, the 10th round pick who led the nation in saves at Virginia, to take over as the Dayton closer.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Brad Boxberger to AA. Chase Ware to A+.

Something tells me A+ isn't high enough for Ware.

Turn Off Ads?