Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Halladay perfect through 7.

Re: Halladay perfect through 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Reeks of real data. The New York Times wrote an article about how few balls in play there are compared to in the past. Also there is much better defense in this era. It's not hard to understand how fewer balls in play effects perfect games.
    Small sample size when you take into account the history of this game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

You are going to start seeing a lot more of these. It's a completely different game now.
    Could be, 27% of the perfectos have been post strike, less balls in play, better fielding, some sacred cows don't die, they just get less sacred.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Small sample size when you take into account the history of this game.
    The 2 1880 ones are kinda impressive, low K's, no gloves hitters get to call their pitch, the ones prior to Larsen (the most impressive) small gloves, huge parks, ball in play era at height.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1 View Post
    No Jinx tonight. PEFECT GAME and he's my fantasy pitcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    He's on my team too!! :fistbump:

Mine too. Took him over some guys that probably made some people scratch their heads. But...

I thought he'd be one of the top finalists for the NL Cy Young and right now, while it's early, I think he'd be 2nd to Jimenez with Linc 3rd. The guy is just good, really good.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

The Phillies won the game 1-0 and their only run came on a Cameron Maybin error. Imagine if he doesn't commit that error. It's a scoreless game and heads to extra innings and it's highly doubtful Halladay would've went out there for the 10th inning.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Reeks of real data. The New York Times wrote an article about how few balls in play there are compared to in the past. Also there is much better defense in this era. It's not hard to understand how fewer balls in play effects perfect games.
    Fewer balls in play and better defense, but also many more walks.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    The Phillies won the game 1-0 and their only run came on a Cameron Maybin error. Imagine if he doesn't commit that error. It's a scoreless game and heads to extra innings and it's highly doubtful Halladay would've went out there for the 10th inning.
    I don't know, at 115 pitches, I bet they give him the 10th. I'm pretty sure Pedro once lost a perfect game in the 10th inning, though.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?