Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little love for Cairo

A little love for Cairo

This guy is en fuego! I know this entire board, well probably 95+% of it wanted him gone long ago. But he is stepping up huge with Joey out.

Thanks for the lift Miguel, you may hang onto your job for an extra month now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: A little love for Cairo

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    This guy is en fuego! I know this entire board, well probably 95+% of it wanted him gone long ago. But he is stepping up huge with Joey out.

Thanks for the lift Miguel, you may hang onto your job for an extra month now.
    You are exactly right. I was definitely one of those trying to figure out why he was on the team. I can see why, I think I need to have more faith in Walt and stop second guessing him. He has made a number of moves that I was not crazy about at the time, that so far have turned out to be very good moves.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kfm View Post
    You are exactly right. I was definitely one of those trying to figure out why he was on the team. I can see why, I think I need to have more faith in Walt and stop second guessing him. He has made a number of moves that I was not crazy about at the time, that so far have turned out to be very good moves.
    Ditto.

And Dickerson's comments in the booth made me appreciate Cairo even more.

I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Ditto.

And Dickerson's comments in the booth made me appreciate Cairo even more.
    I found Dickerson's comments very enlightening as well. They had the same impact on me.

what were the comments?

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    what were the comments?
    I'd like to know as well. I was listening to the Mudcats game on the radio and watching the Reds on the tube w/o the sound. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    what were the comments?
    Dickerson mentioned what a positive influence Cairo is with the younger players. He also mentioned that Cairo keeps everyone loose, apparently he is the resident comedian.

very cool, thanks for the info

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I really enjoyed Dickerson's time in the TV booth. Very well spoken and gave good insight into the clubhouse with info about alot of players. Good stuff.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    I was wrong.

Me too.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Gotta tip my cap to the guy. Before this week I wanted Sutton to permanently replace the guy on the bench, but he probably sensed his job was on the line when Janish went on the Bereavement List and Sutton came up, and performed admirably since then. What a difference a few games can make.

Almost more important to me than his recent performance is Dickerson's comments about keeping the team loose and cracking jokes and stuff. Guys like that can really help a clubhouse mesh, and get through adversity.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

I wont go and say I told you so because I never said it about him but I never bad mouthed him either. I just had stated that every time I had heard Dusty talk about him was in the viewpoint of him adding a stable veteran "winning" presence in the clubhouse. I think Cairo, Cabrera and Rolen are exactly what this young team needed. That being people who had won elsewhere that could guide these young guys into that territory. Sometimes there is more than just performance on the field, stuff that we will never see, but something like what Dickerson shared with us tonight. I thought it was interesting that Brantley had a comment saying something about those three guys being the "right kind of veterans" that they needed. I took that to be a not so subtle slap at Jr and Dunn. Maybe I read too much into it, but thats really what I interpreted from it.

You get the feeling it is your year when Joey Votto gets injured and is replaced by Miguel Cairo without missing a beat.

Turn Off Ads?