Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Just got a droid. What are the best apps?

Re: Just got a droid. What are the best apps?

Ended up changing the battery out after 35 hours with 15% life left. First impression has left me extremely happy..
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Ended up changing the battery out after 35 hours with 15% life left. First impression has left me extremely happy..
    I ordered them earlier today. I'm pretty excited. If I get results close to what you are getting I'll be thrilled. Like you my only complaint about my EVO has been battery life.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

You can also get the batteries from htcexpress.com, thats where I got mine. Ordered them on a Friday afternoon and got them on Monday, California to Ohio, I was impressed with that aspect. I haven't really been that impressed with the life of the batteries so far. The price isn't bad if even just to have an extra battery so its not a deal breaker for me. They just didn't blow away my expectations or anything. Its hard to judge accurately though when I work in a cell deadzone, so I'm always searching for signal for 8 hours a day. At least we have Wifi.

So, how fast is your 'droid phone? and how do you benchmark? I use quadrant and Linpack for Android. I'm overclocking to 1.2ghz, using Juice Defender to manage battery consumption.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

My droid is old and slow (ERIS). Seems that I am the only ERIS user on the planet who doesn't have problems with the phone though.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I ordered them earlier today. I'm pretty excited. If I get results close to what you are getting I'll be thrilled. Like you my only complaint about my EVO has been battery life.
    From what I gather these are EVO batteries, which for my droid incredible is an extra 500mAh.. Not sure what differences you will see, but I hope you have the same positive results..
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

From what I gather these are EVO batteries, which for my droid incredible is an extra 500mAh.. Not sure what differences you will see, but I hope you have the same positive results..
    Well standard Evo batteries are 1500mAh, like mine. So I will see an improvement, I didn't know the Incredible was only 1300. Likely won't see as much as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Well standard Evo batteries are 1500mAh, like mine. So I will see an improvement, I didn't know the Incredible was only 1300. Likely won't see as much as you.
    Could have swore my girlfriends Evo ran on an 1800..anyway, I wish you the best, still very happy with the investment as it has made a worlds difference for me.

-Hunter S. Thompson

Could have swore my girlfriends Evo ran on an 1800..anyway, I wish you the best, still very happy with the investment as it has made a worlds difference for me.
    Hmm.... I checked mine again after reading your post just to be sure and it is a 1500mAh. I got the Best Buy exclusive "white back" Evo. Maybe they put better batteries in the other ones, that would be odd though.

My batteries should be here today or tomorrow. An added benefit is that my wife has a Hero, which is also a 1500 battery so she will be able to use one of the batteries and see improved battery life as well.

Razor, how are the batteries? Im still happy with my purchase, but I have perceived that my two batteries are not equal.. One seems better than the other. I have no way of verifying this, but out seems so. Overall though, I can now get through a whole day without carrying a charger, which was my only gripe.

-Hunter S. Thompson

Razor, how are the batteries? Im still happy with my purchase, but I have perceived that my two batteries are not equal.. One seems better than the other. I have no way of verifying this, but out seems so. Overall though, I can now get through a whole day without carrying a charger, which was my only gripe.
    Just found them in the mail when I got home today. Gonna give them a full charge tonight and we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Redlegs_87

I got the Huawei Ascend in in January for Cricket. Pretty low range android phone but this being my first smartphone it more then what I could have hoped for.

Check out this awesome app....IP Webcam.

It uploads a stream from your video camera to a website that you can watch in realtime. I'm going to use this in my business. At the end of every day, I'll have one of the guys out in the field take a video of the work they did that day while I watch the stream back in the office and go over it with them on the phone.

How cool is that? I'll never have to go out in the field again!

You guys with the Evo's should buy the 3500 mAh battery. It has a different case, but I found the shape actually made the evo easier to hold when calling. Stock Evo is too thin to hold right. This gives your hand something to grip. Plus, even though it looks a little ugly in the pictures but I swear when you actually get it it doesn't look bad at all, you barely notice it...

You're phone will never die on you again, which was my only complaint about the otherwise best phone on the market.

http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-Innocel.../dp/B003SNIR7Y

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Words with friends. It is a scrabble like game that you can play with friends. Very fun.

Turn Off Ads?