Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: 5-30-10 Astros @ Reds

Re: 5-30-10 Astros @ Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if Votto sits out again Monday.

If he was ready he would've hit in the 9th inning.
    If he isn't ready to play tomorrow I expect him to be put on the DL, retroactive May 25th, of course.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    If he isn't ready to play tomorrow I expect him to be put on the DL, retroactive May 25th, of course.
    That's the way I see it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Is his neck really this bad?
    well he's missed four games, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I would've liked to seen him pinch hit there. Stubbs should've pinch ran for Gomes at 2nd anyway. Is his neck really this bad?
    i thought Stubbs should have pinch run after Gomes's single. the next batters would have been Nix-Hernandez-Janish-PH (Rolen). If i managed a team i would almost never sacrifice bunt unless it was a pitcher batting. in the 9th if Stubbs was on 1rst he could steal if the pitcher/catcher combo wasn't good at stopping the running game. or he could score from first on a double.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    i thought Stubbs should have pinch run after Gomes's single.
    if you are going to bunt you need to pinch run ... dusty screwed it up a few weeks ago and today. If you are going to try and bunt a runner over you have to get your fastest runner out there.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    if you are going to bunt you need to pinch run ... dusty screwed it up a few weeks ago and today. If you are going to try and bunt a runner over you have to get your fastest runner out there.
    I agree, but it's not like Nix is slow. He's probably one of the top 5 fastest Reds. But considering how fast Stubbs is and if he scores, the game is over, I would pinch run him no matter who was on base.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    I agree, but it's not like Nix is slow. He's probably one of the top 5 fastest Reds. But considering how fast Stubbs is and if he scores, the game is over, I would pinch run him no matter who was on base.
    Gomes got thrown out at 3rd on a very close play, Stubbs most likely beats that ball and the bases would have been loaded with nobody out.

Difference between winning and losing right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Gomes got thrown out at 3rd on a very close play, Stubbs most likely beats that ball and the bases would have been loaded with nobody out.
    Agreed.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post

If Stubbs is running they throw to first and get Hernandez. Things may or may not have turned out differently in the end, but they just lost a PH for the inning.

After watching the ninth inning again "en frio" , Dusty's moves were pretty much by the book. Hernandez bunts, Rolen for Janish, Stubbs for P.
    If we have to criticize anything (and we DO have to), it would be that he's been much too predictable. Once in a while he has to mix it up a bit. Maybe it wasn't this time (Hernandez' bunt), but at some point, he's going to have to go a bit against the book to keep opponents honest.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Turn Off Ads?