Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

If you love history then you MUST check out "The Dark Ages" documentary on Netflix done by The History Channel.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    I watched the first few episodes of netflix new series House of Cards last night. It's pretty good. Apparently they spent a ton of money producing it and there is a lot of risk taken on their part.

Anyone else see it?
    I'm going to check it out.

A friend of mine told me that Netflix greenlit the show based on their own demographic data. Apparently, their data showed that a large percentage of viewers who liked political drama, Kevin Spacey movies, and David Fincher movies, so they knew they'd have a sizable, built-in audience right out of the gate. So it's not as risky for Netflix as you might think.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Finished watching Luther. Fantastic. Alice is one of the beef supporting characters I've ever seen.
    +1 to this. great show. can't wait til comes back to bad UK shows do such short seasons.

5. Likes:

Chip R (02-13-2013)

They call me "chef"

Beyond the Black Rainbow.

It answers the age old question "What if Stanley Kubrick brilliantly directed that weird dream you had once after you fell asleep watching a horrible sci-fi movie?"

TV Show Reaper. Really, really good. About a kid whose parents sold his soul to Satan and now works for the Devil catching escaped souls from hell.

Sucks it was canceled after only 2 seasons, still well worth watching.

If anybody hasn't watched the West Wing yet, I highly recommend it. I started it 2 weeks ago and Im almost done with season 2

9. Likes:

Chip R (02-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    If anybody hasn't watched the West Wing yet, I highly recommend it. I started it 2 weeks ago and Im almost done with season 2
    Is that the documentary about Adam West's wing of the studio at Family Guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

the 1st season of Hell on Wheels is great

If youre into raunchy comedy watch Jim Jeffries stand up

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    TV Show Reaper. Really, really good. About a kid whose parents sold his soul to Satan and now works for the Devil catching escaped souls from hell.

Sucks it was canceled after only 2 seasons, still well worth watching.
    Poor Bret Harrison. He has been in some really good shows that just couldn't catch on. I LOVED The Loop. Breaking In was pretty good too. Reaper was good as well. The Loop had two seasons, but season two was re-worked to the point that it didn't work and they never even gave it a chance, running the entire second season in a few weeks span. Really disappointed about that. I go back and watch in on DVD from time to time.

Stargate SG-1 is a win and a half.

Turn Off Ads?