Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Proud Moments of Fatherhood

Proud Moments of Fatherhood

Last night my two boys started their first indoor baseball game, all on their own. One of them is 4 and the other one is almost 2.

They were in the living room alone for a few minutes and I heard my oldest saying "pitch it Jack, pitch it." My interest immediately peaked, I snuck down the hallway and looked around the corner.

My oldest (Jonah) was standing in front of the couch holding a plastic bat and Jack was was about 8 ft away standing on top of the ottoman pitching him a wiffle ball. I watched for a few minutes with a giant smile on my face before I went out played with them.

I have 3 younger brothers and indoor baseball was a huge part of our lives. I was so happy they came to this on their own. Also proud that Jack is a lefty and he really throws well. Brought the ball right behind his ear and whipped it forward. Gave Jonah a shot at almost every pitch but he did drill him in the head 3 or 4 times.

Sports are a huge part of my life and I still play quite a bit and my wife has asked me over the years if I would be ok of none of them cared about sports. And of course yes, that would be fine, but I have to admit it makes almost giddy to see them taking more and more interest without much pushing from me.

Anyway, just had share, I've been annoying people all day with this story but I don't care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Likes:

Hoosier Red (02-16-2013),jimbo (02-12-2013),mdccclxix (02-14-2013),SunDeck (02-12-2013),TeamSelig (02-15-2013),wolfboy (02-12-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Re: Proud Moments of Fatherhood

I live for those PROUD DAD moments. Probably indicative that I need more hobbies lol!

From one Dad to another... be proud and be loud.

5. Likes:

Hoosier Red (02-16-2013),Razor Shines (02-13-2013)

Re: Proud Moments of Fatherhood

My proud dad moments are a little different- my son is on the autism spectrum, so there really is no chance at him being in organized sports. But this year after the control circuit board on his RC car literally went up in flames, he tore the car down, installed a board from an old car, rewired and re-soldered things back in place and launched "Frankencar". This he did with no instructions, no help from me. Just the boy, focused like an airline pilot landing a 747 in a crosswind.

My daughter is a swimmer and even though she won't say it- she is a true competitor. She finishes strong and won't let other girls beat her. I try not to yell (she can't hear me!), but when I see her surge forward in the last twenty yards of a 100 breast stroke because she can tell it's close, I can't help but to stand up and cheer her on like crazy. I even get emotional watching that shy little waif who used to sleep on my chest stare down bigger girls and leave them in her bubbles.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (02-13-2013),foxfire123 (02-17-2013),Hoosier Red (02-16-2013),mdccclxix (02-14-2013),Razor Shines (02-12-2013),TeamSelig (02-15-2013)

Turn Off Ads?