Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

This is a long thread, so i apologize for not checking if this was mentioned earlier, but the show Party Down is able to be streamed on netflix, and it is probably one of the funniest shows made.

If youre a fan of things like Parks and Recreation, Arrested Development, 30 rock, or any movies associated with Rogen/Apatow/Paul Rudd youll love the show. Paul Rudd was one of the main creative influences on the show.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Iron Man 2 just came on Instant Streaming. I'm not sure that's a good thing.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Just watched Rubber. Not sure what I think.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1612774/
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Lost, Jericho, That 70's Show. Just watched Mr. Baseball, great baseball flick.

Chavez Ravine.

Great short documentary on the Latino population that inhabited the site where the Dodgers now play and were effectively forced off their land for a housing project that was ended with the Red scare and later amounted to a land grab by a private developer.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Iron Man 2 just came on Instant Streaming. I'm not sure that's a good thing.
    I tried to watch bits and pieces of it today on netflix but the audio was out on every other scene I tried to watch?!?!?

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Anyone interested in documentaries. I thought this one was like watching a train wreck, but I couldn't turn it off.

The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia
    Train wreck is an apt description. I lost count the number of times my jaw dropped.

I recommend The IT Crowd but that's because I'm a hopeless Britgeek.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I don't care how big of a lead you have in the streaming and movie-rental market, it takes a set of onions to e-mail your cusomters and announce what amounts to an over 50% price increase in basic service.

Not a huge Netflix fan right now.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I don't care how big of a lead you have in the streaming and movie-rental market, it takes a set of onions to e-mail your cusomters and announce what amounts to an over 50% price increase in basic service.

Seems like its more about the studios wanting more and netflix being in trouble.

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...ive-33408.html
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

I'll switch to streaming-only I guess, with my fingers crossed that it can keep adding more titles.

$15 a month is a bit too high, regardless of the reason. Usually the mailed ones sit on top of my ps3 for a week anyway before I send it back, sometimes without even watching it.

Oh well. Nice while it lasted, but I can't say I didn't see this coming.

Netflix streaming + the occasional redbox rental will work fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    I'll switch to streaming-only I guess, with my fingers crossed that it can keep adding more titles.

$15 a month is a bit too high, regardless of the reason. Usually the mailed ones sit on top of my ps3 for a week anyway before I send it back, sometimes without even watching it.

Oh well. Nice while it lasted, but I can't say I didn't see this coming.
    Yeah. I've had Equilibrium for nearly a year. lol. So I'll switch to streaming only.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Streaming only for me now also.
    I can get instant rentals from Itunes or go the Blockbuster express kiosk.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Yep. I got the same email, and changed my plan to unlimited streaming only for $7.99/month. You jerk my rates up like that and I will counter in some form or fashion.

And there are so many other options as far as the internet goes. I've been watching a lot on Hulu.com and other sources.
    Last edited by GAC; 07-17-2011 at 01:11 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

All four seasons of The Tudors is now streaming. I enjoyed the series as a whole.

I'm actually going to go with two DVDs at a time when the rates hike. My wife and I use the streaming primarily to watch old TV series more than anything else, and it seems like less and less choices are available on the streaming than just a few months ago. When we run out of series to watch, we may switch back to just the streaming.

Turn Off Ads?