Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 340

Thread: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

  1. #196
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,874

    Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Anyone interested in documentaries. I thought this one was like watching a train wreck, but I couldn't turn it off.

    The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia
    What's it about?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #197
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,874

    Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

    BTW, I started watching the Ken Burns baseball documentaries. I'm in the 4th inning and I absolutely freaking love this documentary.

  4. #198
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    13,463

    Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

    Supposedly the Netflix CEO's ulterior motive with the rate hike was to move subscribers away from DVDs, so the company could reduce its single largest expense, postage. According to this thread, it's working.

    I think I'll stick with discs and streaming for now. I refuse to buy Blu-Ray discs and if I eliminate my disc subscription, I won't have anything to play in my Blu-Ray player!

  5. #199
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    343

    Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    I tried to watch bits and pieces of it today on netflix but the audio was out on every other scene I tried to watch?!?!?
    I was having issues with Iron Man 2 as well. Instead of the audio not working for me, the video was cutting out, so I was getting audio and a black screen. Finally got it to work, but it was annoying.

  6. #200
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,197

    Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

    I discovered this past Saturday that Netflix has the first six Star Trek movies....watched a few minutes of one of them...but everyday since then none of those 6 are even showing available...I have the streaming option only and dont understand how movies are available one second then never available again???? If the streamed movies are essentially a file sent over your wii console how does Netflix run out of a file?!?!?!

  7. #201
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,197

    Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    I discovered this past Saturday that Netflix has the first six Star Trek movies....watched a few minutes of one of them...but everyday since then none of those 6 are even showing available...I have the streaming option only and dont understand how movies are available one second then never available again???? If the streamed movies are essentially a file sent over your wii console how does Netflix run out of a file?!?!?!
    netflix's website now shows those movies as dvd only??? why would they be available for streaming Saturday and now dvd only....Im only paying 8.00 a month for this and not that big of a deal but really dont understand how they operate sometimes.

  8. #202
    My clutch is broken RichRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Asheville, NC or thereabouts
    Posts
    3,892

    Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Trailer Park Boys!
    I'm late to everything. It was only a year after the other kids in my neighborhood got Atari that I got the Radio Shack Pong game.

    So it doesn't surprise me at all that I'm just now finding out about this show. I've plowed through the first 30 or so episodes in about a week and I think it's hilarious.

    I feel like I need to read some Shakespeare or something to cleanse my palate after watching an episode of TPB, but I love it.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

  9. #203
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,750

    Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    netflix's website now shows those movies as dvd only??? why would they be available for streaming Saturday and now dvd only....Im only paying 8.00 a month for this and not that big of a deal but really dont understand how they operate sometimes.
    A lot of the time it's all about rights fees and contracts that only allow a certain amount of time "up" and available for streaming.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

  10. #204
    We are the angry mob cincyinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The 303
    Posts
    2,540

    Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I'm late to everything. It was only a year after the other kids in my neighborhood got Atari that I got the Radio Shack Pong game.

    So it doesn't surprise me at all that I'm just now finding out about this show. I've plowed through the first 30 or so episodes in about a week and I think it's hilarious.

    I feel like I need to read some Shakespeare or something to cleanse my palate after watching an episode of TPB, but I love it.

    Fantastic show.. What season are you on?
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

    -Hunter S. Thompson

  11. #205
    My clutch is broken RichRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Asheville, NC or thereabouts
    Posts
    3,892

    Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Fantastic show.. What season are you on?
    Just started the 5th.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

  12. #206
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Ohio
    Posts
    9,054

    Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

    Fat, sick and nearly dead. A pretty interesting and informative documentary. IF you are overweight, have an illness or just don't feel real good, this is one you might want to watch. Along with a change in my thinking which came just a month or so prior to watching this it's rapidly changing my life in amazingly positive ways. I highly recommend it.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 08-14-2011 at 10:16 AM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

    --Woody Hayes

  13. #207
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Back in Florida
    Posts
    8,158

    Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Fat, sick and nearly dead. A pretty interesting and informative documentary. IF you are overweight, have an illness or just don't feel real good, this is one you might want to watch. Along with a change in my thinking which came just a month or so prior to watching this it's rapidly changing my life in amazingly positive ways. I highly recommend it.
    Just watched it with the wife. She is dusting off the juicer!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

    http://dalmady.blogspot.com

  14. #208
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Charleston, Ohio
    Posts
    413

    Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

    Blew through all six seasons of Lost in a month or so. I still haven't recovered. Great show, but pace yourself.

  15. #209
    Nerdvana Annihilation
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    152

    Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

    ****-Trailor Park Boys (tv show and movie)
    ****-The Wonderful Whites of West Virginia.
    *****-The League
    *****-All Seasons of Arrested Development
    *****-That 70s Show
    ****-Archer
    ****-Weeds

  16. #210
    We are the angry mob cincyinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The 303
    Posts
    2,540

    Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

    The Art of the Steal.. Based on some recommendations here.. Great documentary.. But also left disgusted with this travesty.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

    -Hunter S. Thompson


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25