Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

Just found the first season to my very favorite cartoon when I was a kid. Star Blazers is now on Netflix streaming.

They have it broken up in movie length sections instead of each episode so you don't get the 10 minutes of recap at the beginning of each episode. I like that, but man I don't remember it being this cheesey when I was a kid.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

2. Turn Off Ads?

Recently watched the first three seasons of Breaking Bad. Such a good show.

Now I'm giving The Walking Dead a try. Only watched the very first episode so far.

Quote Originally Posted by code View Post
    ****-The Wonderful Whites of West Virginia.
    I recommend this to.

However I didn't know if I should laugh or cry when watching it.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman Techie View Post
    Just found the first season to my very favorite cartoon when I was a kid. Star Blazers is now on Netflix streaming.

They have it broken up in movie length sections instead of each episode so you don't get the 10 minutes of recap at the beginning of each episode. I like that, but man I don't remember it being this cheesey when I was a kid.
    I'm a big Star Blazers fan too. I've been watching other anime shows on netflix and noticed quite a few joking references to the show, usually a reference to the Japanese title Space Battleship Yamato and some sort of wave motion gun effect. There's a whole episode of the show Excel Saga spoofing it.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Apparently the new Arrested Development episodes will stream on Netflix.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Just finished watching the first season of the critically acclaimed British drama Downton Abbey. Really enjoyed it. If you like old british period stuff, you'll really like this.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

If you're a fan of boxing, U.S. history, or even just Ken Burns, check out "Unforgivable Blackness." It's a 3 1/2 hour documentary about Jack Johnson, the first black heavyweight champion. The restored fight footage alone makes it worth viewing.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 11-29-2011 at 12:16 AM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    If your a fan of boxing, U.S. history, or even just Ken Burns, check out "Unforgivable Blackness." It's a 3 1/2 hour documentary about Jack Johnson, the first black heavyweight champion. The restored fight footage alone makes it worth viewing.
    Thanks. I will be watching this soon. I am a big boxing and history fan. Hadn't heard of this before.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Thanks. I will be watching this soon. I am a big boxing and history fan. Hadn't heard of this before.
    My dad is a huge boxing fan, and he passed some of that on to me as I was growing up. We got to watch this doc together a couple of weeks ago, and that was pretty special.

I knew a fair amount about Jack Johnson beforehand, but this documentary covered a ton of details I wasn't aware of, and the restored fight footage was amazing, especially the details of Jack Johnson's face as he smiled at and jawed with his opponents during the fights.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I knew a fair amount about Jack Johnson beforehand, but this documentary covered a ton of details I wasn't aware of, and the restored fight footage was amazing, especially the details of Jack Johnson's face as he smiled at and jawed with his opponents during the fights.
    I am about half way through right now. It is simply awesome.

PJ20

I just found out that "Talking Baseball" with Ed Randall, the whole season is available on instant stream. There are 61 episodes, great stuff.

Just watched the first episode of Sherlock. Very good, even if the climax is Princess Bridish. Good cast. Sherlock seems a bit Doctorish, but there's precident for that (Tom Baker, even).

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I recommend this to.

However I didn't know if I should laugh or cry when watching it.
    I laughed, mostly. Especially when the one girl said she was the "sexiest" in the family, OMG if that is the case they need to be exterminated on looks alone.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Saw this. Imagine if Silvio from the Sopranos goes into witness protection in Norway.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1244777.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?