Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I am going to have to add it. I have seen it a bunch of times while browsing for things to watch and it never really jumped out as something I even felt like checking out, but I am all for watching something based on crazy people.
    It's pretty good. Michael Parks is absolutely amazing as the Fred Phelps-ish pastor.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

I never understand this network. I know they seem to have a lot of legal issues. I watched the old "The Thing" with Kurt Russell a few months back...went to rewatch it again yesterday and its no longer on there at all.

There are some titles that rotate in and out. Used to be more when they had the deal with Starz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    I never understand this network. I know they seem to have a lot of legal issues. I watched the old "The Thing" with Kurt Russell a few months back...went to rewatch it again yesterday and its no longer on there at all.
    Some titles have an experiation date (they are licensed for some amont of time, so the expire), you can see those dates in your instant queue.

I highly recommend checking out this site if you have a Netflix Streaming account: http://instantwatcher.com/

Watched Thor over the weekend - nice!

GL
    Last edited by gonelong; 06-18-2012 at 04:08 PM.

First thing I watched on Netflix was "4192". GREAT documentary, watch it if you haven't.

In the last week I've gotten through 3 seasons of "The Wonder Years". I had the biggest crush on Winnie Cooper when that show first aired.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRedLegger View Post
    First thing I watched on Netflix was "4192". GREAT documentary, watch it if you haven't.

In the last week I've gotten through 3 seasons of "The Wonder Years". I had the biggest crush on Winnie Cooper when that show first aired.
    Just watched 4192. I'd never seen it before. It was well done.
    Witty signature.

I finally got around to watching 4192 yesterday. It was good but some of it was a little annoying. Specifically when they kept talking about how Pete wasn't physically gifted, give me a break.

"I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Watched the People vs George Lucas. If your a Star Wars geek, it's probably worth your time.
    Witty signature.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Watched the People vs George Lucas. If your a Star Wars geek, it's probably worth your time.
    I have thought about watching it and I have never seen any of the Star Wars movies.

Pulling John

Trailer
    SXSW 2009 Film Trailer: Pulling John - YouTube

I really enjoyed it.

Watched documentary called resurrect the dead: the toynbee tiles mystery.. Had never heard anything about this, but I loved the documentary and am thoroughly intrigued to find out more.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

I've been watching the series Jericho. About halfway through. Not too bad.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I finally got around to watching 4192 yesterday. It was good but some of it was a little annoying. Specifically when they kept talking about how Pete wasn't physically gifted, give me a break.

I just watched "4192" last night. I enjoyed it but thought the interspersed narration by JK Simmons was cheesy and completely unnecessary.

It's always fun to hear the old stories and see the highlights of Rose and the Big Red Machine but for me, the highlight of the whole thing was the old Aqua Velva commercial showing Rose singing with Vic "Mel Sharples" Tayback. You just don't get comedy gold like that anymore.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    I've been watching the series Jericho. About halfway through. Not too bad.
    Loved the show. I would suggest it to anyone who hasn't yet seen it.

For anyone interested AMC's Hell on Wheels is now available. It's about an ex confederate soldier hunting down former Union soldiers who killed his wife while working on the transcontinental railroad.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Turn Off Ads?