Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

Just finished Season 1 of Dexter on NIS. I thought it was excellent.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Watching Arrested Development (season 1) and enjoying it quite a bit. Certainly would not be for everyone, but love the 20 minutes shows, can sneak one in anytime.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Just signed up for my free 2 week trial. Should get my set-up disk Monday for the Wii.
    I don't use Netflix much during the summer time but more so during the winter time. There is alot more to do during the summer than watching movies all day or night.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    Watching Arrested Development (season 1) and enjoying it quite a bit. Certainly would not be for everyone, but love the 20 minutes shows, can sneak one in anytime.

GL
    Arrested Development is one of my all-time favorite shows. Just wait until you are watching the last season; the inserted pleas to not cancel the show are priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Arrested Development is one of my all-time favorite shows. Just wait until you are watching the last season; the inserted pleas to not cancel the show are priceless.
    George: Well, I don't think the Home Builder's Organization is gonna be supporting us.

Michael: Yeah, the HBO is not gonna want us. What are we gonna do now?

George: Well, I think it's Showtime
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Just mentioned this on the latest movie thread, but my wife and I watched The Trouble with Harry, a 1955 Hitchcock film.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Just finished Season 1 of Dexter on NIS. I thought it was excellent.
    Season 1 of Dexter is unbelievably good.

Season 2 starts off kind of poorly, but ends well.

Season 3 is a return to excellence. And from what I've heard, Season 4 is on par with Season 1.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Dexter kind of lost me with the last season's finale. I can't decide if I'm going to continue watching or not. Won't say more as it's impossible to discuss without spoiling.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Dexter kind of lost me with the last season's finale. I can't decide if I'm going to continue watching or not. Won't say more as it's impossible to discuss without spoiling.
    One of my friends WHO DOESN'T EVEN WATCH THE SHOW spoiled the ending for me a couple of months ago.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Got my setup disk for the Wii yesterday and was tinkering with it last night trying to figure it all out as far as adding movies to my Instant Queue. When it first started up on my TV it asked me to add movies to the IQ, and when I used the Wii to view the list of genres it was somewhat limited. But I realized I can go to their website and add a lot more movies to it.

I'm assuming that the movie has to have the "play" option listed at the bottom for it to be added to the IQ? If it just says "add", then that is for the other queue you keep filled, and from where they ship you DVDs?

I watched a really old classic Universal horror movie last night that I haven't seen since I was a kid - The Werewolf of London (1935). The streaming quality was great.

They also sent me my first DVD in the mail. Now once I put that back in the mail to return it, how long is the turnaround for me to get the next DVD?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Got my setup disk for the Wii yesterday and was tinkering with it last night trying to figure it all out as far as adding movies to my Instant Queue. When it first started up on my TV it asked me to add movies to the IQ, and when I used the Wii to view the list of genres it was somewhat limited. But I realized I can go to their website and add a lot more movies to it.

I'm assuming that the movie has to have the "play" option listed at the bottom for it to be added to the IQ? If it just says "add", then that is for the other queue you keep filled, and from where they ship you DVDs?

I watched a really old classic Universal horror movie last night that I haven't seen since I was a kid - The Werewolf of London (1935). The streaming quality was great.

They also sent me my first DVD in the mail. Now once I put that back in the mail to return it, how long is the turnaround for me to get the next DVD?
    My turn around time in Cincinnati averages around two days. It is unbelievably fast.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    My turn around time in Cincinnati averages around two days. It is unbelievably fast.
    It is amazing and I've concluded that the postal service must do a scan of the bar code upon receipt somewhere in their system. We routinely send them to either Louisville or Indy (usually Louisville) and they're emailing me bright and early the next morning that it's been received.

The reason I've come to the conclusion about the USPS doing some part in this is that we recently mailed one back from Chicago on the 5th (the holiday) and like clockwork, the next morning it was noted as received, even though it was going about 300 miles instead of the usual 125 miles from here.

And the streaming is a great addition. These guys have absolutely hammered Blockbuster, IMO.

Of course, I shouldn't drag this too far afield.

Baseball fans want a fun, corny show to watch? I watched an episode or two of Home Run Derby, a late 50's, early 60's show featuring power hitters of the day in a home run derby competition. Now looking at their list, none show as Play It Now, but I know I watched one. Maybe it's such that once you watch a couple, it's removed from the Instant status, although I'm not sure why that would be.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Baseball fans want a fun, corny show to watch? I watched an episode or two of Home Run Derby, a late 50's, early 60's show featuring power hitters of the day in a home run derby competition. Now looking at their list, none show as Play It Now, but I know I watched one. Maybe it's such that once you watch a couple, it's removed from the Instant status, although I'm not sure why that would be.
    They routinely cycle things in and out of the streaming library. If you look at your instant queue you will probably see some that say "Available until 7/21/2010" or something along those lines.

Your best bet is to build your queue on the Web site. It just works a lot faster.

Movies that have a blue "Play" button can be added to the instant queue (IQ). On the Web site, hold your mouse cursor over the button to reveal the "Add to Instant Queue" option. Click that option to add the movie.

If the movie just has a red "Add" button, it's not available for streaming yet. You can add it to your dvd queue. If it is in your dvd queue and becomes available for streaming, a blue "Play" button will appear next to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    If it is in your dvd queue and becomes available for streaming, a blue "Play" button will appear next to it.
    How often are they "updating" or increasing the number of streaming movies? Any idea? I really wish they streamed more TV series then they currently do.

My son found one called Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes (which I fondly remember) and just has to see it.
    Last edited by GAC; 07-14-2010 at 06:17 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?