Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

Re: Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations Thread

whoops. wrong thread.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Looking for something to watch last night, I stumbled upon Under Suspicion (2000), a suspense/crime drama starring Morgan Freeman and Gene Hackman. Monica Bellucci is also in the film. Despite the big names, I don't remember this in the theaters.

It's a remake of a French film from the 70s, and has an independent/artsy feel. Honestly, it was the actors that drew me to the film and they didn't disappoint. It's dialogue driven and a little creepy at times. If you like Freeman and Hackman, it's worth it, though.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Finished Arrested Development Season 3 - Netflix is just too much for words with TV series.

Watched "Tell No One" - about 5 minutes in, realized this was based on a book that I had read titled ... wait for it ... "Tell No One".

Sham

Saw The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo over the weekend, excellent.

We watched Coastlines. Stars Timothy Olyphant, Josh Brolin and Josh Lucas. I'd never heard of it but it was pretty good. For some reason my wife will watch anything with Timothy Olyphant, she must think he's a really good actor or something.

The best part for me was that MWM's favorite actor Daniel Von Bargen had a small role in it as the sheriff. There was one scene that was screaming for the line "not too worried about it", but unfortunately it didn't come.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    We watched Coastlines. Stars Timothy Olyphant, Josh Brolin and Josh Lucas. I'd never heard of it but it was pretty good. For some reason my wife will watch anything with Timothy Olyphant, she must think he's a really good actor or something.

The best part for me was that MWM's favorite actor Daniel Von Bargen had a small role in it as the sheriff. There was one scene that was screaming for the line "not too worried about it", but unfortunately it didn't come.
    Tim Olyphant is fantastic. His performance in the fairly lame teen comedy "The Girl Next Door" is amazing.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Tim Olyphant is fantastic. His performance in the fairly lame teen comedy "The Girl Next Door" is amazing.
    Yeah, I think is a really good actor as well. Justified is one of my favorite shows.

Watched Men Who Stare at Goats the other night. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I was pretty disappointed. It was rather boring, IMO.

Watched Men Who Stare at Goats the other night. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I was pretty disappointed. It was rather boring, IMO.
    Watched it last night. Same review as you. Not sure what they were going for in that one.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Yeah, I think is a really good actor as well. Justified is one of my favorite shows.

movie sucked in a bad way

I watched this last night.

" A Player to be Named Later"

http://www.amazon.com/Player-Named-L...7167902&sr=8-5

It is about 4 players from the 2001 Indianapolis Indians who are trying to make it to MLB. It is somewhat similar to "Bull Durham" in that it gives the inside details of life in the minor leagues. The critics also really loved it.

It is streamable and well worth the time of sitting down and watching.
    Last edited by George Anderson; 10-15-2010 at 02:45 PM.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I watched this last night.

" A Player to be Named Later"

http://www.amazon.com/Player-Named-L...7167902&sr=8-5

It is about 4 players from the 2001 Indianapolis Indians who are trying to make it to MLB. It is somewhat similar to "Bull Durham" in that it gives the inside details of life in the minor leagues. The critics also really loved it.

It is streamable and well worth the time of sitting down and watching.
    A very good recommendation. I watched this over the summer and absolutely loved it. I really enjoyed seeing a couple of guys I know as well, so that was an added bonus for me.

We watched Chaos Theory. Stars Ryan Reynolds. Much, much better than I thought it was going to be.

I watch netflix via my ps3. Is there an easier way to navigate what it all has to offer other than searching netflix.com on my computer, then pulling it up through the ps3 search screen. It feels like just using the ps3 menu only shows you 5 percent of what is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I watch netflix via my ps3. Is there an easier way to navigate what it all has to offer other than searching netflix.com on my computer, then pulling it up through the ps3 search screen. It feels like just using the ps3 menu only shows you 5 percent of what is out there.
    The easiest way I've found is to look on my computer and anything I might want to watch I just add to my instant queue. That way when I open the PS3 app everything is right there in my queue, don't have to bother going to search.

The easiest way I've found is to look on my computer and anything I might want to watch I just add to my instant queue. That way when I open the PS3 app everything is right there in my queue, don't have to bother going to search.
    Thanks Razor. That does work!

I guess the ps3 menu is gonna be limited with the lack of an easy to use mouse/keyboard.

Turn Off Ads?