Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Division I Baseball Championship Bracket...

NCAA Division I Baseball Championship Bracket...

http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/2010/nc..._baseball.html

Don't know if this goes in the Minor League forum or another.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NCAA Division I Baseball Championship Bracket...

I guess it depends on if you are more interested in the outcomes of the games or the play of individual players.

I'd love to see Louisville get back to Omaha. As a national seed, it wouldn't be a surprise this time. Given how pathetic the Louisville program was the whole time I was growing up there (despite always being in better baseball leagues than they are in now), the rise of the Louisville program is nothing short of astounding.

Anyone have a scouting opinion on U of L 1B Andrew Clark?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I guess it depends on if you are more interested in the outcomes of the games or the play of individual players.

I'd love to see Louisville get back to Omaha. As a national seed, it wouldn't be a surprise this time. Given how pathetic the Louisville program was the whole time I was growing up there (despite always being in better baseball leagues than they are in now), the rise of the Louisville program is nothing short of astounding.
    Vandy's back in the Louisville bracket. I kinda wish the selection committee would've had a little more imagination. But, I'm happy because I'll get to go see a game or two down there this weekend.

The UL-Vandy regular season matchup was one of the best games of the season.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

If I recall correctly, there was a walk-off HR in about the 18th inning for Vandy. Should be a good battle.

I'd love to see Louisville get back to Omaha. As a national seed, it wouldn't be a surprise this time.
    This years team is much different than the previous WS team. That team had superb pitching combined with bats that got hot at the right time. This team is more typical for college baseball. Their pitching is average but they'll bludgeon you into submission with their bats.

In response to one of your other comments, it truly is amazing to see what this program has accomplished and sustained. For a "cold-weather" program their facilities are top notch and rival some of the premier baseball programs.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    Anyone have a scouting opinion on U of L 1B Andrew Clark?
    I don't have much of a scouting report on Clark but I used to umpire alot of his games at New Pal HS. He had without question the quickest bat of any player I have seen. He also was an amazing pitcher up until his senior year in HS when he developed an arm injury. Had he not developed the arm injury I am pretty sure he would have been just as successful in college as a pitcher as he is as a hitter. He was drafted by the Cubs last year and i was told by his HS coach he was going to sign. I am not sure what happened.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    He was drafted by the Cubs last year and i was told by his HS coach he was going to sign. I am not sure what happened.
    Here is a Courier-Journal article that mentions that decision and his season.

If I recall correctly, there was a walk-off HR in about the 18th inning for Vandy. Should be a good battle.
    YouTube - Esposito's walk-off homer in 17th inning vs. Louisville

No late inning heroics necessary this time. Louisville 7, Vandy 1.

Two chances for the Cards to get one more win and advance to the Supers.

As a huge Duck fan in every sport, I thought I'd mention that, at least in my opinion, it's pretty doggone remarkable that 2 years ago, Oregon didn't even have a baseball team. And to make the post season is really incredible. After beating UConn in the first game, they now have to win 3 straight. Gonna be tough, but regardless of the outcome, it's been just awesome to see!

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    As a huge Duck fan in every sport, I thought I'd mention that, at least in my opinion, it's pretty doggone remarkable that 2 years ago, Oregon didn't even have a baseball team. And to make the post season is really incredible. After beating UConn in the first game, they now have to win 3 straight. Gonna be tough, but regardless of the outcome, it's been just awesome to see!

I don't see how their Manager isn't Manager-of-the-Year.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-06-2010 at 05:39 AM.

No late inning heroics necessary this time. Louisville 7, Vandy 1.

Two chances for the Cards to get one more win and advance to the Supers.
    And Louisville pounds Vandy's top pitcher and likely first round draft pick. This offense is impressive when its on.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    And Louisville pounds Vandy's top pitcher and likely first round draft pick. This offense is impressive when its on.
    And then a kid who hasn't started a game all year for Vandy has only allowed 2 hits through 8 shutout innings thus far. Gotta love Ritchie Goodenow.

It appears the "if necessary" game will be necessary. I'll be here...

I believe L'ville has an Elder boy on their team.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

Turn Off Ads?