Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln to DL, Fisher to Louisville

Redlegs_87

Lincoln to DL, Fisher to Louisville

Lincoln to DL (strained right latissimus dorsi), Fisher to Louisville, recalled Ondrusek and Del Rosario.

Per Reds official twitter account.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Re: Lincoln to DL, Fisher to Louisville

Good to see.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

got alil captain in u?

Fine with bringing back Del Rosario not so sure about bringing back Ondrusek. Fisher has been awful and Dusty was afraid to use him most days. Lincoln well im not surprised to see him to go the DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs_87 View Post
    Lincoln to DL (strained right latissimus dorsi), Fisher to Louisville, recalled Ondrusek and Del Rosario.

Per Reds official twitter account.

Don't like to hear of a guy getting injured, but I'm inclined to think it was an excuse to get him out of the way.

Otherwise, YouTube - Händel Messiah - Hallelujah Chorus
    Last edited by brachial pleXUs; 06-01-2010 at 04:03 PM.

I was thinking LIncoln had lost any confidence, sounds like he maybe had a reason. (Bray and Burton can't be ready any too soon).

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    Fine with bringing back Del Rosario not so sure about bringing back Ondrusek. Fisher has been awful and Dusty was afraid to use him most days. Lincoln well im not surprised to see him to go the DL.
    Its looked like Fisher has been rusty every time out. He has lacked command of his offspeed pitches. I think a little of him not being great to begin with and not having enough work in game situations really caused more problems than were really there.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    Ondrusek coming back up is probably a sign they want to give Burton more time. I would imagine, unless he does very well this time up, that Ondrusek will be sent down in a couple of weeks for Burton.

Redlegs_87

Burton has pitched like 5 innings or something like that? Needs a bit more time before being called up. I really liked Del Rosario from the games he pitched in.

Quote Originally Posted by Quatitos View Post
    Ondrusek coming back up is probably a sign they want to give Burton more time. I would imagine, unless he does very well this time up, that Ondrusek will be sent down in a couple of weeks for Burton.
    I agree. It's an improvement though with Del Rosario over Fisher....only if Duhsty uses him, though.

I hope Del Rosario can bunt because you never know with Duhsty.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs_87 View Post
    Burton has pitched like 5 innings or something like that? Needs a bit more time before being called up. I really liked Del Rosario from the games he pitched in.
    But, those are 5 hitless innings with something like 1 Walk, in 5 separate appearances.

He's very, very close.

But, after watching Dusty use Lincoln for 2+ innings in a game, they may want to make sure Burton can go 2 innings in a game before they bring him up and hand him to Duhsty.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    But, those are 5 hitless innings with something like 1 Walk, in 5 separate appearances.

He's very, very close.

But, after watching Dusty use Lincoln for 2+ innings in a game, they may want to make sure Burton can go 2 innings in a game before they bring him up and hand him to Duhsty.
    Last time I looked, Burton had pitched 5.0 IP with a 3.60 e.r.a., allowing 5 hits, 2 earned runs, 1 walk and 5 k's.

He needs more time.
    Last edited by Vottomatic; 06-01-2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Correction

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Its looked like Fisher has been rusty every time out. He has lacked command of his offspeed pitches. I think a little of him not being great to begin with and not having enough work in game situations really caused more problems than were really there.
    When the starters are going well the middle relievers are going to get squeezed. It goes from starter to setup to closer. Middle relievers not getting enough work is a good thing from my perspective. Probably not from theirs.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I wannabe optimistic about both of these guys.

Both had fine years in 2009.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Dont like to hear Ondrusek being recalled.. oh well...
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Turn Off Ads?