Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rubber Game

Rubber Game

Carpenter is not the pitcher so far this year as in previous. Last year he gave up 7 HRs all year, 10 already this year.

He never makes it into the 8th, sometimes to the 7th. Mostly he has been ineffective after 6.

I have no love for Dusty, but he out managed LaRussa again last nite...not so much what he did, but the idiotic moves thet TLR did.

I think tonites game will be a stone dog fight like last nite. My prediction: Redlegs win 6 to 5 in 11 innings. BTW, don't worry about Pujols. He has become a singles hitter....unless there is RISP....then he is NO hitter.

Ludwick is the man to fear IMO.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rubber Game

I thought you were plugging a promotion. Surely they wouldn't handout rubbers, would they?

Have you seen Albert Pujols numbers against the Reds? Yea, as a Reds fan, you ALWAYS fear Pujols.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    Carpenter is not the pitcher so far this year as in previous. Last year he gave up 7 HRs all year, 10 already this year.

He never makes it into the 8th, sometimes to the 7th. Mostly he has been ineffective after 6.

I have no love for Dusty, but he out managed LaRussa again last nite...not so much what he did, but the idiotic moves thet TLR did.

I think tonites game will be a stone dog fight like last nite. My prediction: Redlegs win 6 to 5 in 11 innings. BTW, don't worry about Pujols. He has become a singles hitter....unless there is RISP....then he is NO hitter.

Like Cueto and Arroyo, Carpenter has been nothing but spectacular going into this series. All three had slow starts, but all three have been on fire over their last 4 or 5 starts going into this series.

The portion will probably lose a bit of credibility of your future posts for a while...do you really think that? Or am I missing sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Like Cueto and Arroyo, Carpenter has been nothing but spectacular going into this series. All three had slow starts, but all three have been on fire over their last 4 or 5 starts going into this series.
    Carpenter's last few starts look Very Much like numbers Arroyo would put up. Lots of hits, and a great start followed by a decent start followed by a great start, etc. Looks like we are do for a decent start after his last one.

Dissident

He never makes it into the 8th...
    Carp pitched eight innings on May 13 and May 18.

I think we lose this one tonight.

Not too big of a deal though. We move on and keep winning series and keep control of the NL central in the week to come.

Dissident

Carp is averaging over 7 IP per start in May and has a 2.53 ERA for the month. For 2010 his ERA against the Reds is 1.39.

In other words, you ain't gonna be hitting against a cookie like last night.

Hope it's a good game. More likely a pitchers' duel than a slugfest.

Turn Off Ads?