Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: Lincoln to DL, Fisher to Louisville

  1. #1
    Redlegs_87
    Guest

    Lincoln to DL, Fisher to Louisville

    Lincoln to DL (strained right latissimus dorsi), Fisher to Louisville, recalled Ondrusek and Del Rosario.

    Per Reds official twitter account.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,120

    Re: Lincoln to DL, Fisher to Louisville

    Good to see.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

  4. #3
    got alil captain in u?
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bridgeport Ohio
    Posts
    4,839

    Re: Lincoln to DL, Fisher to Louisville

    Fine with bringing back Del Rosario not so sure about bringing back Ondrusek. Fisher has been awful and Dusty was afraid to use him most days. Lincoln well im not surprised to see him to go the DL.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Lincoln to DL, Fisher to Louisville

    Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs_87 View Post
    Lincoln to DL (strained right latissimus dorsi), Fisher to Louisville, recalled Ondrusek and Del Rosario.

    Per Reds official twitter account.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    119

    Re: Lincoln to DL, Fisher to Louisville

    Don't like to hear of a guy getting injured, but I'm inclined to think it was an excuse to get him out of the way.

    Otherwise, YouTube - Händel Messiah - Hallelujah Chorus
    Last edited by brachial pleXUs; 06-01-2010 at 04:03 PM.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    way-east of cincinnati
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Lincoln to DL, Fisher to Louisville

    I was thinking LIncoln had lost any confidence, sounds like he maybe had a reason. (Bray and Burton can't be ready any too soon).

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Lincoln to DL, Fisher to Louisville

    Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    Fine with bringing back Del Rosario not so sure about bringing back Ondrusek. Fisher has been awful and Dusty was afraid to use him most days. Lincoln well im not surprised to see him to go the DL.
    Its looked like Fisher has been rusty every time out. He has lacked command of his offspeed pitches. I think a little of him not being great to begin with and not having enough work in game situations really caused more problems than were really there.

  9. #8
    Dyslexic Taquitos Quatitos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    322

    Re: Lincoln to DL, Fisher to Louisville

    Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    Fine with bringing back Del Rosario not so sure about bringing back Ondrusek. Fisher has been awful and Dusty was afraid to use him most days. Lincoln well im not surprised to see him to go the DL.
    Ondrusek coming back up is probably a sign they want to give Burton more time. I would imagine, unless he does very well this time up, that Ondrusek will be sent down in a couple of weeks for Burton.

  10. #9
    Redlegs_87
    Guest

    Re: Lincoln to DL, Fisher to Louisville

    Burton has pitched like 5 innings or something like that? Needs a bit more time before being called up. I really liked Del Rosario from the games he pitched in.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,578

    Re: Lincoln to DL, Fisher to Louisville

    Quote Originally Posted by Quatitos View Post
    Ondrusek coming back up is probably a sign they want to give Burton more time. I would imagine, unless he does very well this time up, that Ondrusek will be sent down in a couple of weeks for Burton.
    I agree. It's an improvement though with Del Rosario over Fisher....only if Duhsty uses him, though.

    I hope Del Rosario can bunt because you never know with Duhsty.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,578

    Re: Lincoln to DL, Fisher to Louisville

    Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs_87 View Post
    Burton has pitched like 5 innings or something like that? Needs a bit more time before being called up. I really liked Del Rosario from the games he pitched in.
    But, those are 5 hitless innings with something like 1 Walk, in 5 separate appearances.

    He's very, very close.

    But, after watching Dusty use Lincoln for 2+ innings in a game, they may want to make sure Burton can go 2 innings in a game before they bring him up and hand him to Duhsty.

  13. #12
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: Lincoln to DL, Fisher to Louisville

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    But, those are 5 hitless innings with something like 1 Walk, in 5 separate appearances.

    He's very, very close.

    But, after watching Dusty use Lincoln for 2+ innings in a game, they may want to make sure Burton can go 2 innings in a game before they bring him up and hand him to Duhsty.
    Last time I looked, Burton had pitched 5.0 IP with a 3.60 e.r.a., allowing 5 hits, 2 earned runs, 1 walk and 5 k's.

    He needs more time.
    Last edited by Vottomatic; 06-01-2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Correction
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  14. #13
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,807

    Re: Lincoln to DL, Fisher to Louisville

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Its looked like Fisher has been rusty every time out. He has lacked command of his offspeed pitches. I think a little of him not being great to begin with and not having enough work in game situations really caused more problems than were really there.
    When the starters are going well the middle relievers are going to get squeezed. It goes from starter to setup to closer. Middle relievers not getting enough work is a good thing from my perspective. Probably not from theirs.

  15. #14
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,120

    Re: Lincoln to DL, Fisher to Louisville

    I wannabe optimistic about both of these guys.

    Both had fine years in 2009.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Logan/Huntington, WV
    Posts
    458

    Re: Lincoln to DL, Fisher to Louisville

    Dont like to hear Ondrusek being recalled.. oh well...
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

    Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

    Washington Wizards


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25