Turn Off Ads?

Thread: True Character of 2010 REDS shines through Tuesday Night...

True Character of 2010 REDS shines through Tuesday Night...

From mlb.com:

ST. LOUIS -- There are 162 games in the regular season but only a handful of those ever stand out as tests of a contending team's mettle or character.

Tuesday's 9-8 victory over the Cardinals might prove to be one of those games for the Reds.

Sure, they let leads of 3-0 and 7-3 slip from their sweaty grasps on a sultry night at Busch Stadium. But Cincinnati didn't lie down after it happened and came back to win and reclaim solo possession of first place by one game over St. Louis in the National League Central.

"That was probably the best game of the year, especially since we came out on top," Reds manager Dusty Baker said. "Boy, that was as close to a playoff atmosphere as our young team has probably been in."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

2. Turn Off Ads?
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Re: True Character of 2010 REDS shines through Tuesday Night...

However cliche-ish it might sound. that was a HUGE win.

Without a doubt the most entertaining game I have watched this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Fon Duc Tow View Post
    Without a doubt the most entertaining game I have watched this year.
    Perhaps, because my heart was pounding with Rhodes in the 7th and Masset in the 8th...but I prefer blowout wins.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

I must have sounded like a lunatic to anyone in the neighborhood last night.

One minute clapping my hands, going nuts. Next minute cursing at my computer screen, going nuts. Ad absurdum.

Maybe baseball and scotch don't mix too well. Great, huge win though.

I thought for sure we were gonna blow it when Rhodes allowed the first two hitters of the 7th to reach. Of course, he escaped, but then I thought Massett would REALLY blow it, and then when Cordero came in and allowed that single, I thought SURELY this time.....we were gonna blow it.

Best win of the season. Our two biggest wins of the year have come against the Cards, in my opinion.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

After reading a story from the St. Louis newspaper yesterday that basically said "the cream rises to the top and the Reds are coming back to reality" after Monday's beatdown by the Cards, I was really wanting that game last night to shut them up. I hate the Cards with everything I got.

Wish we could rough up Carpenter today. Gonna be tough. Glad we didn't get swept though.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

I was at the White Sox game trying to follow along with what was going on in St. Louis. Such a back and forth game, I think I spent more time watching the scoreboard and my phone than the Sox game.

It really does show the character of this team though when you compare it to a team like the White Sox who were in a similar situation last night--scored early runs to take the lead, gave it up and battled back but there was a point where you could tell they just kind of gave up. Glad to see the Reds didn't. Solid win!

Great night of baseball for me and my son, we went to Columbus and watched the Bats vs Clippers and saw A Chapman pitch very good for 7 innings and then we got home to watch the Reds stave off the Cardinals in a barn-burner of a game. Of course listening to the 4-6th inning on WLW. Love the 6:35 start of the AAA games when the Reds play an hour later.
    Last edited by BigJohn; 06-02-2010 at 12:49 PM.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    After reading a story from the St. Louis newspaper yesterday that basically said "the cream rises to the top and the Reds are coming back to reality" after Monday's beatdown by the Cards, I was really wanting that game last night to shut them up. I hate the Cards with everything I got.

Wish we could rough up Carpenter today. Gonna be tough. Glad we didn't get swept though.
    Sticking with the 'cream theme', all I have to say to Cardinals' fans after the Reds' rough up Chris "Crybaby" Carpenter is 'No use crying over spilled milk'.

I hate St. Louis.

Turn Off Ads?