Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Second drug dealing arrest and still may be allowed to coach youth sports

Second drug dealing arrest and still may be allowed to coach youth sports

http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/news/local...ach-kids-bball

I know this guy. He is actually an outstanding coach and has coached one of my sons. He served 6 years recently for selling crack cocaine. He was released last year and was given the opportunity to coach again. He was busted again last month. The league prez says even if Scott is found guilty he may consider him again as a coach. What do you think?
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Second drug dealing arrest and still may be allowed to coach youth sports

I don't care if he's Bobby Freaking Knight, I don't want a crack dealer coaching kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

As long as my kid is getting the good stuff im ok with it.

Sounds like they need a new baseball board president

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Sounds like they need a new baseball board president
    That was my thought. The fact he's even considering this guy shows very poor judgement.

Just win, baby?

Seriously, if a guy can't keep from dealing crack I don't want him coaching my kids. That really should be a no-brainer.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

There is more to youth coaching than just the ability to teach the game. Their moral compass has to point in the general direction of north. Twice busted for crack cocaine shows me that ain't happening.

I'd pitch an absolute fit if I knew this was going on. Like SunDeck said, this is a no-brainer.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

The league is setting itself up for a potential lawsuit if they allow this guy to coach and he does something stupid.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

I found out last night the league prez is outgoing. I hope he just gave some bull answer and the incoming guy thinks this out. I told my son's coach that if this guy is involved my kids won't play in that league.

Maybe he'll begin an exciting career as coach of the prison team.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?