Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate the St. Louis Cardinals

OOOOH YEEEAHHHH!! CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

I hate the St. Louis Cardinals

Seems to be the consensus on the boards these days, so allow me to get the ball rolling...

I can't stand their "I'm smarter than you, let me tell you all about it" manager
    I can't stand their roid-monkey hitting coach
    I can't stand their prissy crybaby ace
    I can't stand their Bald Bull-looking, Reds-pitching feasting slugger
    I can't stand the way they pick pitchers off the scrap heap and instantly turn them into the second coming of Cy friggin' Young
    I can't stand the "Best fans in baseball" crap
    I think I loathe them more than the sCrubs. At least those losers haven't won anything in over 100 years.

Sorry, had to vent a bit.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Man Pills

Re: I hate the St. Louis Cardinals

Too bad our current GM signed Carpenter to that extension.

Their ultra cocky, snobbish fans aren't too high on my list. They actually believe that "Best Baseball Town in America" nonsense that ESPN spews.

Funny, I remember plenty of empty seats in the old Busch Stadium before their Steroid Savior arrived.

Sorry St. Loser fans, the best baseball fans in America would NEVER give Mark "Needles" McGwire a standing ovation after he admitted to making a mockery of the game.

Take away the East/West division era and the Cardinals have been a thorn in the Reds side since the 19th century. History has an odd habit of often being recreated, again, and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Their ultra cocky, snobbish fans aren't too high on my list. They actually believe that "Best Baseball Town in America" nonsense that ESPN spews.

Funny, I remember plenty of empty seats in the old Busch Stadium before their Steroid Savior arrived.

Sorry St. Loser fans, the best baseball fans in America would NEVER give Mark "Needles" McGwire a standing ovation after he admitted to making a mockery of the game.
    I'm pretty sure calling all the fans of another team ultra cocky losers isn't a good qualification either.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaRedleg View Post
    Seems to be the consensus on the boards these days, so allow me to get the ball rolling...

I can't stand their "I'm smarter than you, let me tell you all about it" manager
    I can't stand their roid-monkey hitting coach
    I can't stand their prissy crybaby ace
    I can't stand their Bald Bull-looking, Reds-pitching feasting slugger
    I can't stand the way they pick pitchers off the scrap heap and instantly turn them into the second coming of Cy friggin' Young
    I can't stand the "Best fans in baseball" crap
    I think I loathe them more than the sCrubs. At least those losers haven't won anything in over 100 years.

Sorry, had to vent a bit.
    You should have been a young Reds fan when the Cards had Gibson, Carlton, Brock, Flood, Cepeda, McCarver and other’s etc.

You would have really been burnt out on the Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I'm pretty sure calling all the fans of another team ultra cocky losers isn't a good qualification either.
    It's among the qualifications that I have for hating the St. Louis Cardinals, which is what this thread is about. I feel the same way about the Cubs - take away their fans and they become tolerable.

I hate them because they're good. I hate the Cubs for the opposite reason.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post

There is no question that Cincinnati's fans pale in comparison to what the Redbirds have now. I haven't been to the new park, but when we went to see the Reds play them about five years ago, the difference there versus here was marked. It was positively electric. You could hear it clearly last night over the radio. Loud and nearly constant, the crowd's cheers came through loud and clear.

Tom Servo had perhaps the most accurate statement, "I hate them because they're good." And really, the McGwire piece is fast becoming a tired old canard. St. Louis fans make us look fairly tepid, period.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    There is no question that Cincinnati's fans pale in comparison to what the Redbirds have now. I haven't been to the new park, but when we went to see the Reds play them about five years ago, the difference there versus here was marked. It was positively electric. You could hear it clearly last night over the radio. Loud and nearly constant, the crowd's cheers came through loud and clear.

Tom Servo had perhaps the most accurate statement, "I hate them because they're good." And really, the McGwire piece is fast becoming a tired old canard. St. Louis fans make us look fairly tepid, period.
    Agreed. If you've spent any time in St. Louis or the area, the enthusiam for the Cards there is like it was for the Reds here in the 70s. Hopefully the Reds keep the winning going and get that spirit going in Cincy again.

I'm sure that Walt and Cast know the difference as well as anyone.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

I also hate them because they are just lucky. The Reds had Carpenter down and a hard hit ball hits Rolen dousing a threat; the baseball gods really want the Reds to work for it.
    Hacktastic: The Story of the 2014 Cincinnati Reds

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Hate?

nah, I'm jealous of them. I want the Reds to be an organization very much like the St. Louis Cardinals.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

I am really tired of being dominated by Carpenter. It was laughable listening to Thom B. moan about developing a different gameplan, trying the tired "definition of insanity" cliche. I don't think its gameplan issues, Carpenter's just a good pitcher, but I can hardly stand to watch a game he is pitching against the Reds because of his attitude.

The luck wore me out in this series. Hopefully we will get the bounces when it matters most.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I am really tired of being dominated by Carpenter. It was laughable listening to Thom B. moan about developing a different gameplan, trying the tired "definition of insanity" cliche. I don't think its gameplan issues, Carpenter's just a good pitcher, but I can hardly stand to watch a game he is pitching against the Reds because of his attitude.

The luck wore me out in this series. Hopefully we will get the bounces when it matters most.
    Its kinda funny how the turn of events happened last night. Ludwick (whom i dispise) gets a gift single down on the RF line on a good pitch. The Reds have runners on the corners, 1 run in, 0 outs. Bruce ropes a ball that would have scored 1 and send Rolen to 3b only to catch Rolen's foot, dead ball, no runs score. The Reds failed to score after that. That game is completely different had that ball missed Rolen and the Reds had 2 runs in, runners on the corner, with 0 outs.

So yea the Reds were dominated by Carpenter but with a little luck they may have chased Carpenter in that 6th or 7th inning.

Cruisin' for trouble

Can't stand the Cardinals, particularly their whiny, elitest attitudes.

But the game last night was good for the Reds. All of the little things they could get away with against lesser teams won't work against the Cardinals. Give STL credit, they bring their A game to bear most night. The Reds have to get to that level to reach the standard the Cards have established.

But I can't stand them. None of them. Even if they were previously Reds.

Turn Off Ads?