Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bill Bray

Re: Bill Bray

When healthy, I was always a pretty big Bray fan. Hopefully he can help the bullpen out in about 3-4 weeks after regaining form. Its been a LONG time since he pitched a meaningful game.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    guy is toast.
    I don't think you can ever count a guy out that has good stuff and he had borderline great stuff.A lot of people including myself thought Bray had closer potential.He must have the some desire to get back to the bigs or else he would've given up by now.The big question is obviously health along with the good chance that injuries have taken their toll even if he can stay healthy.Still, until I hear he's getting shelled every time out or that he's given up completely I will keep hoping to see him in a Reds uniform someday.Hopefully someday soon.

He pitched tonight for Hillcats. 1IP 0H 0R 1BB 1k

FWIW, Bill Bray has made three rehab appearances with High-A Lynchburg in the last week and has posted these numbers:

4 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 8 K

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    FWIW, Bill Bray has made three rehab appearances with High-A Lynchburg in the last week and has posted these numbers:

4 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 8 K
    He seems to be sound and is dominating at A+. OBM, can you speculate on his path back to the major league roster? We're wearing out Rhodes and DRH has not been reliable of late.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    He seems to be sound and is dominating at A+. OBM, can you speculate on his path back to the major league roster? We're wearing out Rhodes and DRH has not been reliable of late.
    I'm guessing he could be ready to pitch in the major leagues in a month, or maybe three weeks.

Two more weeks. One in AA, one in AAA.

The key is the back-to-back appearances. If he can get through that with little problem, he should be good to go.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    guy is toast.
    Why do you say this?

Pitchers come back from TJ surgery all the time, it's fairly routine actually.

to me Bray is a 'i'll believe it when i see it' scenario. it seems the headline "Bray back to DL" is more likely than "Bray pitches scoreless inning for the Reds".

same holds true for Darryl Thompson & Dallas Buck. i would count on them for nothing. if they actually contribute anything at any time for the Reds count it as a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    to me Bray is a 'i'll believe it when i see it' scenario. it seems the headline "Bray back to DL" is more likely than "Bray pitches scoreless inning for the Reds".

same holds true for Darryl Thompson & Dallas Buck. i would count on them for nothing. if they actually contribute anything at any time for the Reds count it as a bonus.
    I'm in the same boat. He could be a big boon to the bullpen, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Pitchers come back from TJ surgery all the time, it's fairly routine actually.
    Some arms, shoulders, and elbows just weren't made to stand up to the stress of pitching.

I'm starting to think that Bill Bray falls into this category.

Saw on Lance's blog that Bill Bray pitched a scoreless 1-2-3 inning in AAA last night.

I'd give Bray a few more goes in AAA before bringing him back up the Show. Looks like I a good swap for Danny Ray if Bray's numbers are consistent in AAA.

Furthermore, when Bray was on, he was the one positive from that large Nationals trade of several years ago.

Rhodes needs more time off and with Dusty on the hot seat so to speak I don't think he'll give Rhodes the proper rests he probably needs. Not saying I disagree with Dusty's use of Rhodes. (Who can you trust in that pen?)

Bray post-TJ could be good. He's had a variety of ailments, so TJ may not fix him forever, but I am hopeful that we'll see the best Bray yet, if just for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Bray post-TJ could be good. He's had a variety of ailments, so TJ may not fix him forever, but I am hopeful that we'll see the best Bray yet, if just for a while...
    five good months.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Turn Off Ads?