Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bill Bray

Re: Bill Bray

I'd probably pitch him 2-3 more times in AAA and then bring him up next week.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Something I've noticed. The Reds have a really bad bullpen.

Arroyo, Leake and Cueto have 5 losses combined. They have 17 wins combined. All this in a combined 40 starts. That's 17 combined no decisions. That seems like a lot.

If Bray and Burton are healthy and effective, the sooner they get to Cincinnati the better.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post

Arroyo, Leake and Cueto have 5 losses combined. They have 17 wins combined. All this in a combined 40 starts. That's 17 combined no decisions. That seems like a lot.

If Bray and Burton are healthy and effective, the sooner they get to Cincinnati the better.

There's evidently a difference between being good in LOU and being good up here. I'm not saying Bray and/or Burton won't be effective once up here but we have seen others do well down there and not succeed up here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

What? When did this happen?

Just Kidding.

You make a good point about the no decisions. Bill Bray can't get here fast enough.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    There's evidently a difference between being good in LOU and being good up here. I'm not saying Bray and/or Burton won't be effective once up here but we have seen others do well down there and not succeed up here.
    Burton has been good in Cincinnati. Bray too. Health, not talent is the issue.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Burton has been good in Cincinnati. Bray too. Health, not talent is the issue.
    Bill BRAY-kuh-ble.

Last night, Bray got a save in Louisville: he pitched one inning, no baserunners, and struck out two.

Bill Bray has now made five appearances for the Bats in AAA, over 4 and 2/3 innings. He has allowed 2 hits, walked one, and given up no runs. He has struck out 5, and has an opponenet batting average of .125.

I'm ready to see him in Cincinnati.... the only thing he has left to prove is working back to back games. It looks like he hasn't done that yet in the minors this year.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

I completely agree. I think Bray is ready to come back to Cincy.

Bray needs to replace Herrera. Now. I would look to Friday when they get back in town, though.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I'm rooting for Bray, a fellow Virginia Beach boy.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Resident PED Expert

I'd assume they are going to let him pitch tonight to get that back to back games in. Recall him immediately tomorrow upon arriving home. Give him the day off with the team and he should be ready to go Friday. DRH walking off the mound with his head down, saddened and broken looking after failing yet again was all I would have need to see as a GM to prepare the move.

The move has to be made with the Phillies series coming up. You HAVE to have two LHer's vs that lineup. DRH can't be one of them. I also point to that series as to when Rhodes losses his scoring streak. I could see him being overused in it.

So, as I grow older, I lose track of things. Bray is one of them.

IIRC, Bray had a good 2008. And then he didn't make the team in ST of 2009 and, shortly after, had TJ surgery. Did he suffer the injury in spring training of 2009?
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I'm as anxious as anybody to get Bray back, but that during that good 2008, his WHIP was 1.57.

Has anybody seen him or heard how his stuff is looking? Small sample numbers against minor leaguers don't mean much...
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Resident PED Expert

Goya would be the one I would ask. I am sure he has seen him at least once.

Turn Off Ads?