Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: 6-4-10. Reds vs Nationals

Re: 6-4-10. Reds vs Nationals

Lost 4 out of 5, im sure we wont score with Leake pitching tomorrow, so thats 5 out of 6.
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan_12 View Post
    Lost 4 out of 5, im sure we wont score with Leake pitching tomorrow, so thats 5 out of 6.
    Optimism at it's finest...

12 hits, and 2 runs to show for it.
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan_12 View Post
    12 hits, and 2 runs to show for it.
    Bad thoughts crept into my head when I read that. Reminds me the Reds of old

Quote Originally Posted by nouseforaname View Post
    Quite possibly a whole different inning if OCab doesn't swing at ball 3...not blaming him but just sayin
    Or Gomes doesn't screw up that pop up.

Or Stubbs' throw doesn't hit the pitcher's mound.

Or... well... we could just go on and on.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

yeah Milwaukee really has a chance Jeff .. they are down 8-0

Quote Originally Posted by cbowen2112 View Post
    Optimism at it's finest...
    why should we be optimistic at this point.. there is no reason to be.. until this team proves us wrong it will be like all the other failure teams we have.. i refuse to sugar coat loses until we make the playoffs because I've seen this many of times before..

i totally agree with you arkimadee, i've been criticized on this board for being too harsh well i've seen enough losing and until this team actually does something and make the playoffs for once i will keep on them. Also if we lose this series i think we will hit free fall and i'm dead serious

Guys, did you really think we would be in 2nd place on June 5th this season? Did you think we would be ahead this far of the Cubs and Brewers? Baseball has it's mysteries and ups and downs. Before this 2 game spell of stellar defense by the opposition and untimely luck (as well as two Gomes misplays) the Reds were right there on top for everyone to see as one of the best young teams this year. Our pitching has still been great, it will all come around again. They faced a tough pitcher two games in a row. Hernandez is tough at home and Carpenter is ridiculous as well. I am not going to base failures this season on previous years, this club is totally different. Ups and downs, highs and lows. That is baseball my friends. Take a breath and forget the past.
    Last edited by cbowen2112; 06-05-2010 at 03:26 AM. Reason: did mispelled

Quote Originally Posted by cbowen2112 View Post
    Guys, did you really think we would be in 2nd place on June 5th this season? Di you think we would be ahead this far of the Cubs and Brewers? e:
    Oh gawd. The be happy were better than last year posts have started.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    No, let's just all look at the negative side of things in a game where the people playing make millions of dollars. Yeah, that sounds like a better idea.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    And actually, it wasn't one of those types at all. Never said that. I simply put that the team is exceeding the expectations of many.

People get greedy with the winning aspect. So the loses, albeit fewer, seem even worse when they take place.

Turn Off Ads?