Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RIP to Some Great TV

Re: RIP to Some Great TV

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Agreed. I mean how man CSI's or NCIS's or Law and Orders can you need?

I watched and think I might have grown to like it, but I'm 99% sure I read that it's already been canceled/not renenewed.
    Yep it is canceled, but ABC has said that they will reveal who the Magic Man is.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    Big Bang Theory is a great show. If you are a nerd or know nerds well you will laugh a lot. Basically its four nerds & one beautiful normal girl. its especially funny when the uber nerd Sheldon interacts with the normal girl Penny.
    I'm still shocked to realize that Sheldon and Penny are an item. This could never happen in real life, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I watched and think I might have grown to like it, but I'm 99% sure I read that it's already been canceled/not renenewed.
    Thanks for the heads-up, Joe. We had four episodes of Happy Town cued up on the DVR for future viewing, but now that I've confirmed your claim on the Web, I'm going to delete them. No sense wasting four hours on a dead end.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    I'm still shocked to realize that Sheldon and Penny are an item. This could never happen in real life, right?

Thanks for the heads-up, Joe. We had four episodes of Happy Town cued up on the DVR for future viewing, but now that I've confirmed your claim on the Web, I'm going to delete them. No sense wasting four hours on a dead end.
    They are supposed to resolve the story line. Unlike other ABC mystery dramas they are going to resolve this one.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I would highly suggest Modern Family. I think it's absolutely hilarious.

I'm also starting to get into How I Met Your Mother, once I understood what the premise was.

Mad Men is also a fantastic show.

I'll second Modern Family. It's a good show.

"Modern Family" is good stuff. I also think "Community" is pretty darn funny.

"The Wire" was stunningly good and I really enjoy "Breaking Bad," although it's not exactly uplifting. Bryan Cranston is terrific in it.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Cruisin' for trouble

Sheldon and Penny are not an item. I think you are thinking of Leonard and Penny.

Great show, but the third season is not nearly what the first two were.

I'll third Justified, it's definitely my favorite new show, although this week's episode is the season finale...

It's cheezy game show stuff, but I love watching idiots crash and burn on Wipeout...

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds View Post
    Sheldon and Penny are not an item. I think you are thinking of Leonard and Penny.

Great show, but the third season is not nearly what the first two were.
    Oops, you're right. Same point applies, though.

Breaking Bad is a fantastic show. Probably the best show on TV since The Wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I'm also starting to get into How I Met Your Mother, once I understood what the premise was.
    Loved that show until Robin and Barney hooked up. It may just be me, but the show jumped the shark with that move, and I didn't like them together. Haven't watched it since.

But there was a time when I loved it. The "Slapsgiving" episode was hilarious.

"The Middle", "Modern Family", and "The Big Bang Theory" are all great 1/2 hour comedies.

"The Good Wife" is a very good hour drama with a great ensemble cast and multi-layered plots.

"Justified" is good, but its season wasn't quite long enough to gather a real head of steam.

And I'll have to turn in my man card, but I really liked "Glee" this season.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Oops, you're right. Same point applies, though.
    It actually could and has happened. I have seen it happen. Very weird to witness.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Lots of positivity on this thread about Breaking Bad. I guess I'll check it out.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Tough crowd or perhaps I am easily entertained. I watch a ton of shows when I have the time.

Criminal Minds
    Lie To me
    Survivor
    CSI (less since Grissom left and Warrick was gunned down, if Brass and/or Nick go I'm done)
    White Collar
    Leverage
    Burn Notice
    Supernatural
    Man Tracker
    Survivor Man (though they don't make it anymore it's still interesting)
    Man vs. Food
    NCIS (from time to time)

And I like some of the reality stuff as well like Survivor above and the Ultimate Fighter on spike and the Real World/Road Rules challenges on MTV.

The one that got Cancelled that I really liked was Raising the Bar on TNT with Saved by the Bells Mark Paul Gossilier (Zach). Haven't had an opportunity to fit Justified in there but been meaning too I like Tim Olyphant especially when he was in Deadwood.

Have a tough time finding a good sitcom anymore, every once in a while I watch the George Lopez show in syndication, also watch reruns of Seinfeld (never watched it in primetime in it's heyday), Everybody loves Raymond and my favorite sitcom in recent memory King of Queens. The Office is ok sometimes as well.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 06-07-2010 at 08:02 AM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?