Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: phillips in the 4 hole today

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    906

    phillips in the 4 hole today

    does it not seem counter productive to his success to have in the 4 hole when hes played his best in the 2 hole. i realize cairo is playing today but i would think dusty could maneuver the lineup in a way to keep him at 2.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: phillips in the 4 hole today

    Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    does it not seem counter productive to his success to have in the 4 hole when hes played his best in the 2 hole. i realize cairo is playing today but i would think dusty could maneuver the lineup in a way to keep him at 2.
    dusty just thinks Cairo is a better hitter than Stubbs, Bruce, and Nix.

  4. #3
    Resident PED Expert nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Centerville, Ohio
    Posts
    1,417

    Re: phillips in the 4 hole today

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    dusty just thinks Cairo is a better hitter than Stubbs, Bruce, and Nix.
    As off as that seems. Your right. Dusty has some "odd" tendencies. I really hope he has learned his lesson with Cairo at 3B after his ole' today and his game costing bobble in Atlanta. He is fine at 1B and probably at 2B but I wouldn't play him anywhere else no matter how deep Janish is in Dusty's Dog House.
    If you can't be a good example... then you'll just have to be a horrible warning...

    Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels...

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    584

    Re: phillips in the 4 hole today

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    dusty just thinks Cairo is a better hitter than Stubbs, Bruce, and Nix.
    That would explain why Cairo is one of the regular 8 because Dusty thinks he is so much better than the hitters you mentioned. Really??? Could you please explain the basis of this comment, because on its face it makes zero sense. I would like Dusty to bat phillips second even when Rolen is off. Here is an article about Rays fans on blogs and elsewhere who rip their manager. Looks like the criticsm is so bad that it was actually addressed in an article. http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseb...cle1098727.ece. After reading the article, I guess I have to wonder are there any fans who actually don't think they are smarter than their manager?

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: phillips in the 4 hole today

    Quote Originally Posted by kfm View Post
    That would explain why Cairo is one of the regular 8 because Dusty thinks he is so much better than the hitters you mentioned. Really??? Could you please explain the basis of this comment, because on its face it makes zero sense. I would like Dusty to bat phillips second even when Rolen is off. Here is an article about Rays fans on blogs and elsewhere who rip their manager. Looks like the criticsm is so bad that it was actually addressed in an article. http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseb...cle1098727.ece. After reading the article, I guess I have to wonder are there any fans who actually don't think they are smarter than their manager?
    Because there is no reason to let him come up in the 1st inning other than to admit he sucks and use him to bunt.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    247

    Re: phillips in the 4 hole today

    Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    does it not seem counter productive to his success to have in the 4 hole when hes played his best in the 2 hole. i realize cairo is playing today but i would think dusty could maneuver the lineup in a way to keep him at 2.
    And yet the Reds won with him hitting clean-up. Much ado about nothing.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: phillips in the 4 hole today

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Larkin View Post
    And yet the Reds won with him hitting clean-up. Much ado about nothing.
    1 run in 8 innings still 2 pinch hitters had to take over. lol.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    247

    Re: phillips in the 4 hole today

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    1 run in 8 innings still 2 pinch hitters had to take over. lol.
    Still a W, regardless of how you slice it up. Phillips in the four hole and Cairo in the two hole does not equal certain loss.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: phillips in the 4 hole today

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Larkin View Post
    Still a W, regardless of how you slice it up. Phillips in the four hole and Cairo in the two hole does not equal certain loss.
    No, but sitting Gomes, Rolen, and Hernandez. Or any combo of your other 3 starters likely is.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    584

    Re: phillips in the 4 hole today

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Because there is no reason to let him come up in the 1st inning other than to admit he sucks and use him to bunt.
    So you actually believe that Dusty thinks Cairo is a better hitter than Nix, Bruce and Stubbs. And your basis is that in the limited at-bats that he gets is that he bats second. There is no way, even as big a Dusty hater as you, can believe something this ridiculous. I agreed with the this thread until you posted your comment, it is just not defenseable, you should delete it.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western Massachusetts
    Posts
    43

    Re: phillips in the 4 hole today

    Phillips was back to knockout punches with the bat tonight. I shudder to think what his .OBP% would look like without the set of wheels he has. Now, normally it seems when he's in the 2-spot he isn't trying to knock in five runs at at a time, so I don't know what got into him tonight. At any rate, the guy doesn't have enough power to hit in the 4-spot.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25