Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What TV show would you like to see released that's not?

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Re: What TV show would you like to see released that's not?

Not one i really care about, but I have heard a lot of clamor for the Batman TV series from the 1960s with Adam West, Burt Ward, etc...

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'd like to find some of the old 60's Saturday morning cartoon shows from the 60's. Especially the mid-60s when, for a few years, they had all the super-hero ones. Would love to find the Fantastic Four (not that silly newer one).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I own all of 0 TV series on DVD, but I do think it's criminal that The Wonder Years has never been released. As I understand it it's a music rights issue. I think the producers can't get the rights to all the songs they used in the show at the time and they refuse to redo them. I respect that, but it makes me sad and I wish they could get it settled somehow. Such a great show and I'd really enjoy seeing it through adult eyes this time.
    The Wonder Years was the first show I thought of when I saw this thread. I'll buy Wonder Years DVDs in a heartbeat if they ever become available. I understand that it is the music rights issue keeping it from being released.

I wish more seasons of Newhart would be released. The first season, which was probably its least accomplished, has been out for several years, and I bought it, but the other, better, seasons have never been released. I've seen that scenario repeated again and again. Often a TV show doesn't hit its stride until the second or third season, and therefore the later seasons are the ones fans really want, only to have only the initial season be released on DVD.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    The Wonder Years was the first show I thought of when I saw this thread. I'll buy Wonder Years DVDs in a heartbeat if they ever become available. I understand that it is the music rights issue keeping it from being released.

I wish more seasons of Newhart would be released. The first season, which was probably its least accomplished, has been out for several years, and I bought it, but the other, better, seasons have never been released. I've seen that scenario repeated again and again. Often a TV show doesn't hit its stride until the second or third season, and therefore the later seasons are the ones fans really want, only to have only the initial season be released on DVD.
    Yes Newhart should be released. It was much better after it moved to CBS.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I'd like to find some of the old 60's Saturday morning cartoon shows from the 60's. Especially the mid-60s when, for a few years, they had all the super-hero ones. Would love to find the Fantastic Four (not that silly newer one).
    I've found some of those online w/ Youtube. They're pretty cool.

I love the ads, like the Flintstones Winston ads.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Yes Newhart should be released. It was much better after it moved to CBS.
    "Newhart", or "The Bob Newhart Show"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    "Newhart", or "The Bob Newhart Show"?
    Newhart. I think most of the seasons of The Bob Newhart Show have been released but I'm not sure about that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Newhart.
    It's all about the sweaters.

Amazon.com has announced that they're going to start streaming the Wonder Years for amazon Prime subscribers. No idea how they handled the licensing...maybe if it's streaming only there's a loophole? Oh man oh man. Now I have to find some philanthropist to pay for Prime membership for me.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?