Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Should Lecure hit the pen?

jredmo2

Should Lecure hit the pen?

Seems like a decent idea to me, when Bailey gets back. He's shown he can get MLB hitters out, he's on the 40-man, doesn't necessarily fit into to any future rotation plans. We can just send Ondrusek down.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    jredmo2

Re: Should Lecure hit the pen?

Perhaps he can be "le cure" for our bullpen woes?

I'll be here all week, tip your waitress, the late show is 18 and over (it gets a little blue).

got alil captain in u?

All depends on how long it takes him to get ready. Kinda hard to stick a guy in middle relief role who takes alil longer to get ready than your normal everyday reliever. If you bring him in when he's not fully warmed up that equals disaster.

As long as Dusty is managing the bullpen i am not sure whom you put down there will have that great of an impact....

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jredmo2 View Post
    Perhaps he can be "le cure" for our bullpen woes?

I'll be here all week, tip your waitress, the late show is 18 and over (it gets a little blue).
    ....or maybe we could stick it to opponents with some "Wood" from triple AAA. I'll be here all week too, tip your waitress.

jredmo2

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    ....or maybe we could stick it to opponents with some "Wood" from triple AAA. I'll be here all week too, tip your waitress.

That's GOLD, Jerry!

I would go for Lecure in the pen, but if Harang continues to not go deep into games, I would be an advocate for Harang to the pen. Bottom line, something needs to improve quickly in the pen, because we won't keep winning all these games in our final at bat.

Lecure can throw strikes. Id put him in the pen before I sent him to AAA again.

I don't really know because Harang will be gone for sure, either this year or at the end of the year. LeCure could take his place as a Starter if he's traded this year. Keeping him in a good rhythm would be wise and prudent so that he can be used for that purpose. Also, any of the other 4 Starters could get injured. LeCure showed he can step it up right now and contribute as a Starter.

So, I say no. I'd keep him as a Starter in case he's needed to take a Starter's place over the next two months.

I certainly recall him in September for the final 30 days.

Turn Off Ads?