Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: 6-7-10 Giants @ Reds

Re: 6-7-10 Giants @ Reds

Cabrera flies out to center. Reds lose 6-5.

2. Turn Off Ads?

And the closer threw 7 pitches.

This offense has surpassed what I expected, but they are still very frustrating at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Cruisin' for trouble

They lost, but I don't have a problem with Dusty going with Del Rosario when he did. If it works out, Del Rosario has something to build on. Someone not named Rhodes needs to step up and this was an opportunity.

Didn't work out so next time maybe they try Orondusek.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I think Rhodes was used reluctantly, when DRH and Del Rosario weren't enough.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Tough to win when you give up 13 hits. LeCure v. Cain tomorrow. Things might get worse before they get better...

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Tough to win when you give up 13 hits. LeCure v. Cain tomorrow. Things might get worse before they get better...
    Sadly I think we are going to see plenty more of this. The Reds pitching staff is below average overall.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Build a better bullpen.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Aapparently, the league has figured DRH out. It was as if they knew what was coming and capitalized. Waiting, waiting...

When the season started I pegged Herrera, Lincoln, and Codero as trouble spots. Slow pitchers finally get around the league enough to get figured out. Sore-armed pitchers usually just fade away and shaky closers get shakier. Never dreamed Masset would implode. Now, the combined ERA of those four is 5.48. More shocking is they have allowed 110 hits in 87 innings and given up 39 walks. They put 149 men on base in 87 innings or roughly 2 walks per innings pitched. Not good. If you combine the number one setup man and the closer, it's 52 innings with 62 hits and 28 walks, thus allowing 90 men to reach base in those 52 innings. No one can be successful like that.

Time to make a move or two and the return of Lincoln or anyone else will help unless one of the kids come through. Why do I feel Ondrusek or Del Rosario aren't the answer? Because they're not ready yet.

Baseball aint as easy as it looks. Sometimes you just get beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Build a better bullpen.
    For a team on a budget that wants to hold on to its top prospects, that might be the easiest thing to do. I'd rather have to find a couple bullpen arms than have to get a bat or a starting pitcher.

I think Walt will find someone for the pen, and I think the Reds will be able to stay in the race all year.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?