Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-6-10

6-6-10

It worked yesterday, so I'll start it again for luck today. Need a lot of luck with the Sunday special.

Cabrera - SS
    Cairo - 3B
    Votto - 1B
    Phillips - 2B
    Bruce - RF
    Nix - LF
    Stubbs - CF
    Miller -C
    Arroyo - P

Miggy, Corky and Laynce all at once. Need big days from Bruce and Votto. Maybe Cairo recaptures his magic of a couple weeks ago.
    Last edited by mth123; 06-06-2010 at 12:30 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: 6-6-10

Corky and Cairo pretty expected with Hernandez sure not to play, and Rolen generally not playing a day game after a night game.

Senor Votto

Nix will probably make me regret saying this but Heisey needs to start over Nix. Outside of a few good starts this season he hasn't been very good.

O. Cabrera ss 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .269
    M. Cairo 3b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .295
    J. Votto 1b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .321
    B. Phillips 2b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .287
    J. Bruce rf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .268
    L. Nix lf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .232
    D. Stubbs cf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .231
    C. Miller c 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
    B. Arroyo p 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .167

C. Guzman 2b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .314
    N. Morgan cf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .258
    R. Zimmerman 3b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .310
    A. Dunn 1b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .276
    J. Willingham lf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .277
    R. Bernadina rf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .247
    I. Desmond ss 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .274
    W. Nieves c 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .186
    C. Stammen p 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .300
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Can't really complain too much with the lineup. I would expect bruce to get an off day tomorrow against zito and hopefully heisey gets a start in his place.

Hope Cairo's bat can carry the absence of Rolen today. Not sure, but the last time he filled in for Rolen at 3B was in that Atlanta debacle where he committed a very critical error.

Just noticed that this kid pitching for the Nats (Stammen) is from up around my neck of the woods - Coldwater, Ohio.

He's never faced the Reds till today. He's winless since beating Colorado on April 19. The right-hander did not get a decision for a third straight start last Tuesday night, when he gave up five runs and nine hits in five innings of an 8-7 loss to Houston.
    Last edited by GAC; 06-06-2010 at 12:41 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Hope Cairo's bat can carry the absence of Rolen today. Not sure, but the last time he filled in for Rolen at 3B was in that Atlanta debacle where he committed a very critical error.

Just noticed that this kid pitching for the Nats (Stammen) is from up around my neck of the woods - Coldwater, Ohio.

He's never faced the Reds till today. He's winless since beating Colorado on April 19. The right-hander did not get a decision for a third straight start last Tuesday night, when he gave up five runs and nine hits in five innings of an 8-7 loss to Houston.
    Stammen is actually a graduate of the University of Dayton. I wish he would represent a little bit better, but he can wait to turn it around until after this start.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Today is my wedding anniversary. GO REDS!

OT. Cairo is not in the lineup for Rolen. He's in for Hernandez, since a dash of Venezuelan flavor is required to spice up the team menu.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

D-Day!

The Reds should have called up Danny Dorn just for today!
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    It worked yesterday, so I'll start it again for luck today. Need a lot of luck with the Sunday special.

Cabrera - SS
    Cairo - 3B
    Votto - 1B
    Phillips - 2B
    Bruce - RF
    Nix - LF
    Stubbs - CF
    Miller -C
    Arroyo - P

Miggy, Corky and Laynce all at once. Need big days from Bruce and Votto. Maybe Cairo recaptures his magic of a couple weeks ago.

I don't know if I would call this a "Sunday Special". There are five starters in the lineup, as well as the fourth OF and a backup INF who was a contender for NL Player Of The Week last week.

RedsZone would have straight-out hated Sparky's lineups in 1975 and Lou's in 1990--both were well-known for giving their subs plenty of playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Can't really complain too much with the lineup. I would expect bruce to get an off day tomorrow against zito and hopefully heisey gets a start in his place.
    I wouldn't mind giving Cabrera a day off at some point during the homestand, too.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Today is my wedding anniversary. GO REDS!
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GUY!

OT. Cairo is not in the lineup for Rolen. He's in for Hernandez, since a dash of Venezuelan flavor is required to spice up the team menu.
    Huh? Are you trying to be funny?

Chat is open!

OC, lead off double
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

leadoff double for OCab.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Warm in DC today: 88 is the game time temp.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Turn Off Ads?