Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Yasmani Grandal

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Re: Yasmani Grandal

My guess on potential roster spot would be Danny Ray Herrera, Laynce Nix, or 60 Day DLing Springer.

2. Turn Off Ads?

My guess is Harang to 60 Day DL. He still has like 28 days of rehab time available.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 08-16-2010 at 11:38 PM.

The Reds make it official:

Reds, first-round pick C Yasmani Grandal agree to terms on 4-year Major League contract through 2013.

http://twitter.com/CincinnatiReds

Should see some type of announcement about what they did to clear a 40 man spot.

Perhaps Grandal can progress similar to a healthy Alonso, they both had similar stats at Miami. I'm not as worried about his chances to make MLB.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Should see some type of announcement about what they did to clear a 40 man spot.
    That will come tomorrow, from what I've seen on Twitter.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    That will come tomorrow, from what I've seen on Twitter.
    Interesting that they can agree to terms, release the press release, and not instantly have to make a move. I guess its not finalized until the commissioner signs off on it.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Interesting that they can agree to terms, release the press release, and not instantly have to make a move. I guess its not finalized until the commissioner signs off on it.
    Yeah there is a window of opportunity to delay the move while it's going through the red tape.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I'm glad they got the deal done, but not only has Grandal received more money than any other pick in the 1st round not named Harper (at least from what has been reported so far), but he gets a MLB deal too?? No other 1st round pick outside of Harper (again that has been reported) got that! I just don't understand why there was a need to cave on paying more than most other picks that went before Grandal AND giving him an MLB deal, hurting roster space, for someone who has not yet proven to be an "elite" talent.

Glad they got the deal done.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I'm glad they got the deal done, but not only has Grandal received more money than any other pick in the 1st round not named Harper (at least from what has been reported so far), but he gets a MLB deal too?? No other 1st round pick outside of Harper (again that has been reported) got that! I just don't understand why there was a need to cave on paying more than most other picks that went before Grandal AND giving him an MLB deal, hurting roster space, for someone who has not yet proven to be an "elite" talent.
    I'm pretty sure Taillon got much more than Grandal.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Jameson Taillon and Manny Machado both signed for reportedly $5 million. Zack Lee, No. 28 pick of the Dodgers, signed for $5.25 million.

But here's the more interesting thing:

Pirates' second-rounder Stetson Allie signed for $2.4 million. Tigers' supplemental pick Nick Castellanos signed for $3.45 million.

So how does the 4 year deal work? 2.99 over 4, then arb?
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    So how does the 4 year deal work? 2.99 over 4, then arb?
    The $2.99 million could be spread out over 5 years, potentially (I haven't seen the details yet).

But it likely means this:

* Prorated $30K for everyday he's active on a minor league roster this year
    * Beginning next year (and 2012 too), he'll make $65,000 in the minors
    * When he's on the 25-man roster, he'll make prorated $400,000

At the end of the 4 years, the Reds can offer him a new guaranteed contract or simply "renew" him for league minimum (or what they believe to be a fair amount). If he's arbitration-eligible (which is unlikely), then he would be put up for Arbitration.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Jameson Taillon and Manny Machado both signed for reportedly $5 million. Zack Lee, No. 28 pick of the Dodgers, signed for $5.25 million.

But here's the more interesting thing:

Pirates' second-rounder Stetson Allie signed for $2.4 million. Tigers' supplemental pick Nick Castellanos signed for $3.45 million.
    I was just going off of what had been reported earlier. Still, that means the Reds paid Grandal as if he was the 5th best player in the draft, at least so far.

And the number of picks that received an MLB contract as well was very small...probably less than 5 players total.

Turn Off Ads?