Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 507

Thread: The Official Second Day Draft Thread - 2010

  1. #391
    Member blumj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Northern MA
    Posts
    4,559

    Re: The Official Second Day Draft Thread - 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    Have any of these players been drafted yet?

    38. Ryne Stanek, rhp, Blue Valley HS, Stilwell, Kan.
    45. A.J. Vanegas, rhp, Redwood Christian HS, San Lorenzo, Calif.
    46. Garin Cecchini, 3b, Barbe HS, Lake Charles, La.
    The Red Sox took Cecchini quite a few hours ago.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #392
    Moderator Gallen5862's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wilmington,NC
    Posts
    6,046

    Re: The Official Second Day Draft Thread - 2010

    Thanks BlumJ. Hopefully The Reds can grab some good players tommorrow as well.

  4. #393
    Member 11larkin11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bellefontaine,OH
    Posts
    2,329

    Re: The Official Second Day Draft Thread - 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Um, you do realize that you are named after one of us, right?

    And hopefully, we can pull off a trade for yet another one if we can pry JJ Putz from the White Sox, as is being discussed on tORG.
    He was young and wasn't sure what he was doing
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

    ---TRF

    "I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

    --Bronson Arroyo

  5. #394
    Moderator Gallen5862's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wilmington,NC
    Posts
    6,046

    Re: The Official Second Day Draft Thread - 2010

    http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft....php?team=1005

    Cincinnati Reds

    Players signed indicated in Bold


    Round Overall Player Position School State
    1 12 Yasmani Grandal C Miami Fla.
    2 62 Ryan LaMarre OF Michigan Mich.
    3 94 Devin Lohman SS Long Beach State Calif.
    4 127 Brodie Greene 2B Texas A&M Texas
    5 157 Wes Mugarian RHP Pensacola (Fla.) Catholic HS Fla.
    6 187 Drew Cisco RHP Wando HS, Mt. Pleasant, S.C. S.C.
    7 217 Tony Amezcua RHP Bellflower (Calif.) HS Calif.
    8 247 David Vidal 3B Miami-Dade JC Fla.
    9 277 Tanner Robles LHP Oregon State Ore.
    10 307 Kevin Arico RHP Virginia Va.
    11 337 Andrew Hayes RHP Vanderbilt Tenn.
    12 367 Kyle Waldrop OF Riverdale HS, Fort Myers, Fla. Fla.
    13 397 Lucas O'Rear RHP Northern Iowa Iowa
    14 427 Daniel Wolford RHP California Calif.
    15 457 Stephen Hunt LHP South Florida Fla.
    16 487 Rob Kral C College of Charleston S.C.
    17 517 Brent Peterson SS Liberty HS, Bakersfield, Calif. Calif.
    18 547 Robert Maddox OF Ohio Ohio
    19 577 Josh Alexander OF Mountain Pointe HS, Phoenix Ariz.
    20 607 Chris Berset C Michigan Mich.
    21 637 Josh Smith RHP Lipscomb Fla.
    22 667 Kurtis Muller OF Iowa Iowa
    23 697 Randy Fontanez RHP South Florida Fla.
    24 727 Patrick Doyle RHP Missouri State Mo.
    25 757 Dan Renken RHP Cal State Fullerton Calif.
    26 787 Ty Stuckey LHP Houston Texas
    27 817 Joel Bender LHP Oak Hills HS, Cincinnati Ohio
    28 847 Chad Rogers RHP Galveston (Texas) CC Texas
    29 877 Muenster Muenster 3B Kansas St Kan.
    30 907 Brad Hendrix SS Auburn Ala.

  6. #395
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,704

    Re: The Official Second Day Draft Thread - 2010

    Wait a minute! Did the Reds really take a guy called Muenster Muenster in the 29th round or was someone pick up the phone in the war room and thought Selig was a guy at the deli? Can he hit the cheese? If he is ever released who will be blamed for cutting the cheese?

  7. #396
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    33,759

    Re: The Official Second Day Draft Thread - 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Wait a minute! Did the Reds really take a guy called Muenster Muenster in the 29th round or was someone pick up the phone in the war room and thought Selig was a guy at the deli? Can he hit the cheese? If he is ever released who will be blamed for cutting the cheese?
    Ha. It is a typo. His last name is Muenster, but not his first.

  8. #397
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,704

    Re: The Official Second Day Draft Thread - 2010

    Darn it looks like his name is actually Adam Muenster. If his name was actually Muenster Muenster that would instantly top Arquimedez Pozo as my alltime favorite name.
    http://www.wibw.com/sports/headlines/95914884.html

  9. #398
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    9,375

    Re: The Official Second Day Draft Thread - 2010

    Apparently the Reds are going to try David Vidal behind the plate. He could be an interesting guy to watch. If both he and Grandal sign (not to mention Kral and Berset) I'd have to imagine that's the end of the Neftali Soto experiment behind the plate. They won't have room to play all of these guys in the minors:

    Lopez
    Barnhart
    Vidal
    Kral
    Berset
    Weems
    Fleury
    Coddington
    Soto
    Grandal
    Mesoraco
    Denove
    Castillo
    Last edited by Benihana; 06-08-2010 at 11:15 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

  10. #399
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    5,595

    Re: The Official Second Day Draft Thread - 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Apparently the Reds are going to try David Vidal behind the plate. He could be an interesting guy to watch. If both he and Grandal sign (not to mention Kral and Berset) I'd have to imagine that's the end of the Neftali Soto experiment behind the plate. They won't have room to play all of these guys in the minors:

    Lopez
    Barnhart
    Vidal
    Kral
    Berset
    Weems
    Fleury
    Coddington
    Soto
    Grandal
    Mesoraco
    Denove
    Castillo
    Even if Soto doesn't stick at catcjer, I can see them still working him there some to raise his value in the pros. A utility guy that can truly be a legitamate "emergency" 3rd catcher could be nice to have around

  11. #400
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    5,595

    Re: The Official Second Day Draft Thread - 2010

    I can live with most of the draft. I expect huge things with the bat from Lohman. They passed up a ton of talent to take him and this organization already had enough good field/??? bat SS's for the next 15 years.

  12. #401
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,788

    Re: The Official Second Day Draft Thread - 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I can live with most of the draft. I expect huge things with the bat from Lohman. They passed up a ton of talent to take him and this organization already had enough good field/??? bat SS's for the next 15 years.
    To me, Lohman was definitely the most questionable pick. Let's just hope and pray that Buckley and company know something we don't.

  13. #402
    Member JaxRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    9,403

    Re: The Official Second Day Draft Thread - 2010

    I don't see drafting these catchers as an indication that Soto is done at catcher. All of the new people will be playing at Low A or lower (below Soto) with the exception of Grandal, and he likely, won't play til Aug 20th or later.

  14. #403
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    9,375

    Re: The Official Second Day Draft Thread - 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I don't see drafting these catchers as an indication that Soto is done at catcher. All of the new people will be playing at Low A or lower (below Soto) with the exception of Grandal, and he likely, won't play til Aug 20th or later.
    Even still, just between Mesoraco, Grandal, and Coddington (who is OPSing >.800 in Lynchburg while playing very solid D), who is Soto going to play over? All of those guys are or will be essentially at the same level as Soto (A+ the rest of this year or AA next year). Unless Mesoraco rakes the rest of the year in Carolina and starts in Louisville next year, or unless Grandal's development is slower than expected and he's playing in Dayton next year (or doesn't sign), I just can't see it happening.

    Therefore, I think they give Soto the next two months/until Grandal signs to show that he can really stick behind the plate. If he improves his game behind the dish tremendously and starts to rake, then maybe he can stay back there and they work a rotation. Otherwise, he moves to 3B or LF and it's time to really break out the stick or get lost in the shuffle.
    Last edited by Benihana; 06-09-2010 at 09:22 AM.
    Go BLUE!!!

  15. #404
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    9,375

    Re: The Official Second Day Draft Thread - 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Even if Soto doesn't stick at catcjer, I can see them still working him there some to raise his value in the pros. A utility guy that can truly be a legitamate "emergency" 3rd catcher could be nice to have around
    May he be the next Wilkin Castillo! [/sarcasm]
    Go BLUE!!!

  16. #405
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    9,375

    Re: The Official Second Day Draft Thread - 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    To me, Lohman was definitely the most questionable pick. Let's just hope and pray that Buckley and company know something we don't.
    Agreed.
    Go BLUE!!!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25