Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ryan LaMarre

Re: Ryan LaMarre

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Just 2 games in, and he's got 3 stolen bases already.
    All in his first game to boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ken Griffey Sr. with some high praise for Ryan LaMarre...

LaMarre, a former prep football and hockey standout from Michigan, had a .370 on base percentage in 60 games for Dayton. Though a right-handed batter, Griffey compares LaMarre to former Red Sox and Angels All-Star centerfielder Fred Lynn.
    http://www.bakersfield.com/news/spor...iliate-manager

Fred Lynn would look good in LF right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JKam View Post
    Fred Lynn would look good in LF right now.
    He's 59 years old, I'm not sure how much he would help now.

He's 59 years old, I'm not sure how much he would help now.
    LOL. I guess you're right. I would have guessed 70 years old though if you asked me what I thought his age is now.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Even an Ohio State fan like me can admit this ... Reds have had some really good luck with guys who played college ball at Michigan. For example: Three-fourths of the starting infield on the 1990 World Series championship squad (Sabo, Larkin and Morris).

Update: After a slow start, Lamarre is hitting .290 on the season. He hasn't shown much power so far with a 2 HR, a triple, and no doubles, but in 100 AB, he's had 11 walks. He also has 11 steals, and has only been caught once.

Thoughts so far?

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    Update: After a slow start, Lamarre is hitting .290 on the season. He hasn't shown much power so far with a 2 HR, a triple, and no doubles, but in 100 AB, he's had 11 walks. He also has 11 steals, and has only been caught once.

Thoughts so far?
    The lack of power in a league know for inflating power numbers is a bit concerning. He didn't really show any real power in Dayton last year either. Some players just don't transfer to the wooden bat that well. Now I reserve judgement for at least one more full season whether or not he can make the switch especially with all the injuries he has suffered in the last two years. But, he has to show 20 to 25 HR power potential to be a valuable option for the Reds. Or he is just another Heisey, Sappelt, Fellhauser, viewed kinda player by the Reds management. Solid defensively, 4th or 5th OF type offensively...

That being said, He is Jason Bay if he reaches his supposed upside, Norris Hopper if he continues this trend.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    But, he has to show 20 to 25 HR power potential to be a valuable option for the Reds.
    Won't happen. He was never expected to ever hit 20-25 HR

Or he is just another Heisey, Sappelt, Fellhauser, viewed kinda player by the Reds management. Solid defensively, 4th or 5th OF type offensively...
    Probably what he is- another Heisey or Sappelt, which is worth something. Doesn't really help to have three of those guys though, might as well cash one of them in for a need somewhere else.
    Go BLUE!!!

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Won't happen. He was never expected to ever hit 20-25 HR

I have seen different reports on this. I even believe on this board he had the potential to develop that kinda power. Interesting you don't think he will. I agree with you. Just curious why you believe that...?

Probably what he is- another Heisey or Sappelt, which is worth something. Doesn't really help to have three of those guys though, might as well cash one of them in for a need somewhere else.
    Agreed. I think if the Reds are going to cash in it has to be Heisey and it has to be this year. Maybe part of a package for Reyes or Kemp.

He may not have the power like Heisey or the hit tool like Sappelt, but he does have more speed and better defense, apparently, than either. They're all valuable guys; Sappelt and Lamarre, however, are probably better prepared to be starters, unless Heisey figures out how to hit more fastballs. While I personally like Heisey, I think with Sapp, Lamarre, and all the other future outfielders and utility guys in the system, his time here may be limited.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    Agreed. I think if the Reds are going to cash in it has to be Heisey and it has to be this year. Maybe part of a package for Reyes or Kemp.
    I would look to deal Sappelt (or even LaMarre) first. Heisey has an important role with the big club which I wouldn't want to disturb. Sappelt is younger and has potentially more upside, which could feasibly be more intriguing to a team like the Mets or Dodgers which will have to basically totally start from scratch.

Sappelt's value is at an all-time high, and is unquestionably the #1 guy in the organization I would be looking to trade. Depending on whether or not he can actually play LF, Alonso would be #2.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?