Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weathers?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Weathers?

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...thers-willing/

Hmm. With the way things are going, sign him and send him to triple A to get in shape. I used to think we had better than him. Now I'm not so sure.

Better to be ready and have options than to not do anything at all.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Weathers?

Didnt he rip us apart on his way out, or am I thinking of someone else?
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

I don't remember him ripping us.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

If Tackleberry still has any gas left in the tank, I say give him a shot.

Plan to be spontaneous Jefferson24's Avatar

couldn't do mush worse, bullpen sucks now...why not give him a look
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Looking at his stats: http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=124000

Only 1 of his 5 seasons as a Red did he give up more hits than innings pitched. His e.r.a. was always under 4.00. Opponents batted .232 against him in 2009, unlike Herrera who has opponents batting over .300 against him.

With the way our bullpen is pitching, we all might welcome Stormy back with open arms. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Looking at his stats: http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=124000

Only 1 of his 5 seasons as a Red did he give up more hits than innings pitched. His e.r.a. was always under 4.00. Opponents batted .232 against him in 2009, unlike Herrera who has opponents batting over .300 against him.

With the way our bullpen is pitching, we all might welcome Stormy back with open arms. Yikes.
    yikes is right. i spent all of last year wanting him gone thinking he was taking up a spot for someone else. right now i would welcome him back with open arms and a smile on my face

I just threw up in my mouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseReds View Post
    I just threw up in my mouth
    Yum. Dinner. :

I'd definitely be in favor of giving it a shot. Weathers wasn't good for the 8th inning, him being in a 6th/7th inning role would be a different story in my opinion, assuming he can still be similar to the way he was before. Better than what they have right now.

got alil captain in u?

I'd much rather see david weather than the likes of herrera, masset, del rosario, lincoln, ondrusek. People may have complained about him but he got the job done for about a 3 or 4 year stretch. Couple of those years he was our closer. I would feel pretty darn good to have the 40 year olds in the 9th weathers and rhodes.

I miss weathers. I never wanted him gone.

I'd love to re-sign Weathers (RH). Have Bill Bray (LH) get healthy and come up in a few weeks or so.

Then trade for Matt Thornton (LH) and JJ Putz (RH) with the willing White Sox.

Send Herrera, Ondrusek, Del Rosario, Fisher back to Louisville permanently. Release Lincoln after he comes off the DL.

Bullpen:
    Cordero
    Rhodes - LH
    Weathers
    Putz
    Thornton - LH
    Bray - LH
    Masset
    Owings?

That would make 13 pitchers, but Owings could be considered a pinch hitter....lol.

If we did all that, it would scare the crap out of St. Loser fans and their team.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Didnt he rip us apart on his way out, or am I thinking of someone else?
    Someone else, at the time he was sad because he claimed he wanted to retire as a Red

I believe it. Weathers always seemed like a good guy. As a pitcher, you knew what you were getting with him. Nothing overpowering, could keep out of jams. Sign the guy, but it might be too late (unless he's been working out and stretching all along).

Turn Off Ads?