Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bailey or LeCure, who would you move to bullpen?

Bailey or LeCure, who would you move to bullpen?

I would move LeCure because Bailey might have something to say about moving

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Re: Bailey or LeCure, who would you move to bullpen?

Bailey. I want bullpen guys who can miss bats and Homer is the more likely candidate there. I think he could be a much better pitcher if he could focus on just 2 pitches. I also think it better fits his mentality.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    I would move LeCure because Bailey might have something to say about moving
    If I didn't know any better I'd think this was worded so as to spark a controversy.

That aside, I'd move LeCure. Bailey needs this season in the rotation. LeCure can flip-flop with him if Homer absolutely gets rocked repeatedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    If I didn't know any better I'd think this was worded so as to spark a controversy.
    You know better?

I'd like to see Bailey back in the rotation. I still think he can put it together this year.

LeCure to the pen, Bailey to the rotation.

If I were the GM I over the next few weeks I would insert both Chapman and Volquez in the pen. I wouldn't hesitate to ship DRH and Ondrusek to Louisville. Right now the pen is in dire need of help. I don't see either Chapman or Volquez making much of an impact in the starting rotation this season. I don't see any reason not to put them in the pen. It would be nice to have those two fireballers in the pen.

LeCure to the pen. I worry about his 2nd time around the league.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Stop jerking around Homer. Poor guy gets the short end of the stick sometimes in this organization.

LeCure hasn't overwhelmed me to be honest. He's been very solid, but his stuff just looks so middle of the road.

Now is he an upgrade over Ondrusek and the other guys waiting to give up huge hits sitting down in the pen? I think he is.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Lecure's whip is 1.67. 17 ip with 17 hits, 12 BB & 12 K. thats closer to AAA than to a rotation spot. as much as i am not a fan of Homer this one is an easy answer: Homer in the rotation. i am ok with giving Sam a shot in the pen. 3 starts isn't enough to label him a AAAA player but its enough to make me think we have better options for the rotation.

I'd move Lecure to the pen in the long term interests of the organization. Lecure could be a very good middle reliever but will never be more than a decent starter. A move to the pen could allow him to have a nice, long career as a reliever. Add in the fact that Homer deserves the chance to show us what he has over the rest of the year and I think Lecure to the pen is the easy choice. Both men have earned a spot on the 25 man.
    Last edited by reds1869; 06-09-2010 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Stop jerking around Homer. Poor guy gets the short end of the stick sometimes in this organization.
    Oh please, how has Homer been jerked around?
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Lecure's a nice player but lets not confuse his luck and teams lack of cashing in with him as a viable long term rotation guy for the Reds. His numbers scream lucky at this point - he's going to turn into a pumpkin in the not so distant future.

How many starts with an ERA in the 3's does he need to have before he gets some respect?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    How many starts with an ERA in the 3's does he need to have before he gets some respect?
    IMO his whip is more indicative going forward than his ERA. its the issue of small sample size. he is putting a lot of runners on base. over a long season a whip of 1.67 will not result in an ERA of 3 unless you are the luckiest pitcher on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    IMO his whip is more indicative going forward than his ERA. its the issue of small sample size. he is putting a lot of runners on base. over a long season a whip of 1.67 will not result in an ERA of 3 unless you are the luckiest pitcher on the planet.
    Exactly. I like seeing the guy succeed, but I definitely feel like it's smoke 'n mirrors. Eventually, the clock is going to strike 12 on him and he's not going to keep getting lucky.

It'd be nice to see Homer actually pitch past the 5th inning in a minor league game, Without sucking I mean.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Turn Off Ads?