Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WHAT....A....GAME! Go REDLEGS!!!

WHAT....A....GAME! Go REDLEGS!!!

Okay that has to be the best reds game ive watched all season.

The giants were hitting the cover off the ball and we kept on fighting.

Just an absolute incredible win.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: WHAT....A....GAME! Go REDLEGS!!!

Yeah, BP was da man today.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Brandon Phillips was absoulutely phenominal today!!! great win, really showed a lot of heart.

And just to add a little sweetness to the victory. Anybody watching the game on MLB network can agree the Giants announcers were just terrible.

heres copy and pasted of what i explained in the game thread.

To explain more about the giant announcers.

They are true homers. Could be the worst ive heard ever.

They spent the first two innings argueing balls and strikes against the giants.

Literally two innings of chit chat about balls and strikes and the strike zone of this umpire and how this umpire is known to favor home teams. And so on and so on.

They didnt express how unbelievably GREAT the two double plays were. Instead they just acted pissed off about them and acted somewhat as if we were lucky to get them.

Theres been countless things. BP Was up and this game should be tied becuase of this. The 100mph pitcher Balked like no other. He didnt come to a pause at all. It was obvious as can be. On phillips first strike with heisy on first. BP turned to the umpire and was complaining about it. because heisy should have been on 2nd and scored when BP got his hit the next pitch. The announcers were wondering what BP was complaining about. And then made fun of him for complaining about the called strike.

Theres more but thats all i can think of for now.
    I loved winning that one. And we really needed that coming into this series against KC. We need to make some ground with the Dodgers coming up next week.

Wow, just wow. I was listening to MLB AT-Bat while at work, but had to leave in the middle of the top of the 8th. And I come home to this pleasant surprise. Can't wait to read the game thread and what not for the last few innings.

Absolutely great victory! Roll with the momentum, I'd rather take the last 2 than the first 2.

Man that was a good one. I cant get over how sweet that game was.

Incredible defense. (Janish and Phillips should make every top ten list with todays double play balls) I would argue Janish's DP should make the top ten plays of the year list. It was that good.

Great come back and heart.

Pitching struggled, Sir arthur Rhodes and MR. Co Co come in and shut them down.

That game had everything. Except for a homerun.

this team may actually not fall off in June!!

Awesome win...plus the Cards signed Suppan for their rotation today. The majority of their fans are up in arms over that one. I don't think Duncan can even save Suppan this year.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Enerio Del Rosario pitched well. He got the initial double play that went through the legs of Rolen and then came back and got another one.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Janish has problems with the stick, but there is no way he shouldn't be used as a defensive replacement a lot more often than he is. He made some sick plays in the field to keep the game winnable.

Let's be honest, had Janish not started today, they would have lost. Even if him and Cabrera had been a wash at the plate Phillips would have been batting second and it could have adjusted his at bats. Also he made 3 plays that Cabrera wouldn't have. Janish is the best defender at SS in the NL. Easily.
    If you can't be a good example... then you'll just have to be a horrible warning...

Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels...

Redlegs_87

What was the pitcher and jawing at Votto for?

We couldnt ever figure that out.

Im thinking Votto may have said something to him. But Votto kind of mis uinderstood the situation because later in the debacle they showed votto saying My bad.

The dumb as can be Giant announcers sure didnt catch on. And there was nothing about the play that made you think that would start a fight.

It was pretty weird.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    Let's be honest, had Janish not started today, they would have lost. Even if him and Cabrera had been a wash at the plate Phillips would have been batting second and it could have adjusted his at bats. Also he made 3 plays that Cabrera wouldn't have. Janish is the best defender at SS in the NL. Easily.
    If janish isnt playing you could easily say the giants have 8 runs instead of 6. Without that DP the gaints score at least two more runs there.

However Janish looked Absolutely terrible at the plate.

Late in the game defensive situations maybe.

Turn Off Ads?