Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Cards fan worried about us

Are Cards fan worried about us

http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/vie...hp?f=1&t=41310

I hate the cardinals and their cocky fans

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Are Cards fan worried about us

Me too. This was interesting:

"Should [the Reds] beat the Cardinals? No. We're superior on paper and should be better poised to handle the stretch run. On the other hand, something about them just kind of worries me. I don't know what it is; their rotation doesn't scare me and outside of Votto and a surprising Rolen their offense doesn't bother me much. They just seem to have that annoying swagger that just gets under their opponents' skin. That's not always a good thing, but it's worked out for them so far."

Why would they be worried about the Reds? Their Manager invented the game.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

they have had the division on lockdown for the better part of a decade and we havent even had winning seasons. myself and im sure the rest of the sundeck would agree that the reds arnt going away and will be here all year, but i guess i could see why the casual cardinals fan wouldnt be worried about us.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

I can't blame them for having confidence in a team that has made the playoffs 7 of the last 10 years (winning the division 6 of those 7 times), won a World Series, and was far and away the best team in the division last season and going into this season. Also can't blame them for being dismissive of a team that has a track record of failure like the Reds do over the last decade.

Their reaction seems perfectly reasonable to be honest. The Reds will be doubted every step of the way this season until they actually get results. I think they can get them, but that doesn't make others arrogant because they don't have the opportunity to watch them day in and day out and expect a fall-off based on past history.
    Last edited by sabometrics; 06-10-2010 at 07:47 PM.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Quote Originally Posted by xavr1 View Post
    Me too. This was interesting:

"Should [the Reds] beat the Cardinals? No. We're superior on paper and should be better poised to handle the stretch run. On the other hand, something about them just kind of worries me. I don't know what it is; their rotation doesn't scare me and outside of Votto and a surprising Rolen their offense doesn't bother me much. They just seem to have that annoying swagger that just gets under their opponents' skin. That's not always a good thing, but it's worked out for them so far."
    If anyone would recognize annoying swagger it would be Cardinals' fans. They have been watching it daily for the better part of a decade.

"Not even a little to be honest"

what a bunch of dooshes.. i hate the cards

''and outside of Votto and a surprising Rolen their offense doesn't bother me much''

I guess this guy does not look at the NL offensive standings much.

Hell, i am not even scared of the Reds yet.....If I was a Cards fan I would laugh at the thought of the Reds winning the central this year. We have been a little better than the Pirates in the last decade so no need to think things will change in a little over 3 months of a season.......keep it up and run at that title in to August then the Cards will start worrying about us. But honestly, we need to do it year in and year out before anyone will even look at us as a contender.....how many 1 year contenders do you see every year? Lots of them...they all ususally fall back to reality after that 1 good year. I want us to put a stretch together and I think we will.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Well, we can't afford a Pujols and Holliday. But from 1 thru 8, I think our overall lineup is way better.

They have better starting pitching, but they have 2 starters down for the count. I'm looking forward to hitting against Suppan later on. Hehehe.

We're young and they're getting older. They're going to become cash strapped in their payroll with big contracts to Pujols, Holliday and Carpenter. We're not.

My final opinion is that they're players/team is talking a big game, but not exactly getting it done.

And what's with their pathetic message board? Redszone kicks ass over that Cardinals message board. Yikes.

they shouldnt be afraid of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Well, we can't afford a Pujols and Holliday. But from 1 thru 8, I think our overall lineup is way better.

They have better starting pitching, but they have 2 starters down for the count. I'm looking forward to hitting against Suppan later on. Hehehe.

We're young and they're getting older. They're going to become cash strapped in their payroll with big contracts to Pujols, Holliday and Carpenter. We're not.

My final opinion is that they're players/team is talking a big game, but not exactly getting it done.

And what's with their pathetic message board? Redszone kicks ass over that Cardinals message board. Yikes.
    I'm familiar with that board. It is indeed a sad, sick place. But it may surprize that on MANY Cardinal pre-season polls that it was the REDS, not the Cubs that were concidered the team to beat in the Central.

The erea I live in gives me access only to Cardinal and a little Atlanta fan stuff. The Cable TV I have gives me access to about 5 Cardinal games and about 2 Reds and Braves games a week. I get about 2 Cubs games on WGN.

It is apparent to this reporter that St. Louis fans have an almost pathological hatred for the Cubs, and a wary respect for the Redlegs. Those old enough to remember the tough Reds teams of the '60s and the GREAT teams of the '70s harber no malice as the Cardinals were awful in the '70s and could not compete with any team!

Personally, I'm tired of the Cubs' contending and getting to the post and FAIL, for what? 100 years? The Stro's with those killer Bees and 2 lights out starters for 10 years to come up dry? (Mil. is not worthy of mention)

I pull for whatever Central team that makes it to the W.S. as I have a pathological hatred for the Damn Yanks/Sawx and I'm enjoying this Reds/Cards battle. It would be a damn shame to let the Cubs back into the race, but it seems that neither team can get it together.

Oops, sorry. I got carried away here, went WAY off topic. But it's not me, it's the Chablis.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If anyone would recognize annoying swagger it would be Cardinals' fans. They have been practicing it daily for the better part of a decade.
    FTFY.

Looking at this from the Cardinals perspective, why would they be worried about the Reds? They are 7-5 against us, have taken 3 out of 4 in series and for those of you who subscribe to the idea 1-run games can go either way, 4 out of our 5 wins have been one run games, while only one of their wins has been my LESS than three runs.

If I am a Cardinal fan, I am thinking I have slapped the Reds around pretty good this year and when I look in the standings I am more surprised they are still hanging around than worried they will beat us.

As Rick Flair once said "To be the man, you gotta beat the man." and until we start smacking the Cardinals around they have nothing to be worried about.

They're on scare tactics.

Turn Off Ads?