Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Can we give other veterans time off versus KC?

Can we give other veterans time off versus KC?

Anyone think we can afford it? Give Rolen a breather, Cabrera got one today, maybe a couple other guys, ::cough:: Rhodes ::cough::

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Can we give other veterans time off versus KC?

The next 6 series for the Reds and the Cards:

Reds: KC, LA Dodgers, SEA, OAK, CLEV, PHI

Cards: ARZ, SEA, OAK, TOR, KC, ARZ

Call me crazy but I rest vets against the Dodgers...the Reds have to WIN vs a team like KC. Maybe rest vs Grienke.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

We got swept by the Royals last year, I'd field our best lineup.

Yeah they whooped up on us bad! You dont remember that arroyo outting>?

The only guy that needs a little rest is rhodes. And a little at that.

No, we gotta take it to the bad teams. I would rather chuck a game against the Yankees with Sabathia on the hill, then run our AAA lineup out against the Royals.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

If we can win the first two games of any of the series, then we can be creative. just keep winnin' those series.

It's hard to believe Zach Greinke is 1-8 after how dominating he was last year.

However, it also doesn't help that the Royals have not scored a single run in his last 4 starts while he was still in the game.

wonder how much ZG is worth on the market if his record continues to go south? I understand they dont score runs when he is pitching but at some point the record has to take his value down. Not saying I want him, just wondering if his bad record will force KC into keeping him cause everyone is going to want his on the cheap. no way KC just gives him away after last year.

We have an off day Monday, so no need for rest other than maybe Rolen. He hit several lazy fly balls today, might have been tired. He will probably get Sunday off to have 2 days in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    wonder how much ZG is worth on the market if his record continues to go south? I understand they dont score runs when he is pitching but at some point the record has to take his value down. Not saying I want him, just wondering if his bad record will force KC into keeping him cause everyone is going to want his on the cheap. no way KC just gives him away after last year.
    Why would you not want him?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Why not start the veterans and tell them beforehand to put up a commanding lead and you'll take them out of the ballgame for some rest? Sounds better to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Why not start the veterans and tell them beforehand to put up a commanding lead and you'll take them out of the ballgame for some rest? Sounds better to me.
    I like that idea If only i trusted the bullpen enough to take guys out when we get out to big leads.

I don't get this rest thing. Grown athletes in the prime of their lives that play ball in the sunshine an hour and 1/2 out of 24 need rest? Only the catcher works hard enough, and takes enough lumps to need a rest.

Play the best team you got every single day. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    I don't get this rest thing. Grown athletes in the prime of their lives that play ball in the sunshine an hour and 1/2 out of 24 need rest? Only the catcher works hard enough, and takes enough lumps to need a rest.

+1 It is hard for me to understand that concept either. Maybe it is more of a mental break than a physical break.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post

It's the guys who are not in their prime anymore that need the rest. Such as Rolen, Ramon, Arthur, etc. Phillips, Bruce, Votto should be playing everyday.

Turn Off Ads?