Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bailey's shoulder ‘a little bit alarming,’ will not start Sunday

Bailey's shoulder ‘a little bit alarming,’ will not start Sunday

Bailey was to throw a bullpen today but was unable to get started. Bailey is to be examined tonight by Reds medical director Dr. Tim Kremchek.

“It was little bit alarming for me,” Bailey said, describing the latest feeling in his shoulder. “I threw the other day and felt great. The last couple days, there has been some soreness in places where I usually don’t get soreness. We’re going to try to evaluate and go from there.”

By “places,” Bailey said he meant soreness in different places in his shoulder.

“It was just alarming. It wasn’t nothing life-threatening,” Bailey said. “We’re gonna try to figure out what exactly is going on and the best way to approach it.”
    to read more: http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...-start-sunday/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bailey's shoulder ‘a little bit alarming,’ will not start Sunday

I'm fully prepared for Doc Hollywood's optimistic estimate of how long until Bailey is back.

Funny how you can never have too much starting pitching, I'm glad we have Volquez, Chapman, et al.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I'm fully prepared for Doc Hollywood's optimistic estimate of how long until Bailey is back.
    And yet Bailey himself has been chomping at the bit to get back and didn't want to go on the DL in the first place. I think that tells something about the nature of sports injuries and how/why they happen, even with the best medical advice & diagnosis.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I'm glad Homer will live, hopefully he will pitch someday also.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

60 innng jump in 09 from 08.

Caution is always the word of the day with arms under 25.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    And yet Bailey himself has been chomping at the bit to get back and didn't want to go on the DL in the first place.
    Amazing isn't it?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    60 innng jump in 09 from 08.

Caution is always the word of the day with arms under 25.
    What was the pitch count increase?

An inning can be 3 pitches or 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post

Assuming the innings are of similar counts, 60 is too many. I don't know the pitch counts, but even when Bailey was rolling last year, he was routinely over 110 pitches per game IIRC, I've not noticed many single digit pitch innings from Bailey whether he's going well or doing poorly.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

True, also added the stress of the situation, runners on, high counts, trying to keep ones slot in the rotation, all that can add up to exertion that can be damaging to ones body.

I hope the Reds make note of this when deciding how far to go with Leake (175 IP Max IMO) and Chapman (150 IP Max).

The Reds need to go get an arm that is going to be around in August and beyond. If the Reds are smart Leake, Chapman and now likely Bailey will be unavailable IMO.

I hope the Reds make note of this when deciding how far to go with Leake (175 IP Max IMO) and Chapman (150 IP Max).

The Reds need to go get an arm that is going to be around in August and beyond. If the Reds are smart Leake, Chapman and now likely Bailey will be unavailable IMO.
    Ahem, Cliff Lee.

There is not a single top-shelf prospect in the system other than Aroldis Chapman. Keep Chapman, and trade the farm for Lee, especially if it will preserve arms like Leake for the next several years- not to mention give us a real shot in the postseason.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    I'm glad Homer will live, hopefully he will pitch someday also.
    Bailey's comment was either somewhat telling of his attitude, or just a brain fart of some sort.

Homer, I don't think anyone's concerned about your vitals, you know, they care about if you can pitch well and when that will be, k? Nothing personal, but, that's what's going on here fella.

I don't think we'll have to worry about Leake. He's going to hit the wall long before that I fear. Doesn't mean I don't like him; he's just very young. Bailey should never have been throwing those 120 pitch games and he should have been cut off at 170 last year.

I agree...with the multitude of stats in front of us...why is pitcher "abuse" based on IP...not PP (pitches pitched )

Turn Off Ads?