Turn Off Ads?

Thread: problems viewing RZ on mobile devices?

problems viewing RZ on mobile devices?

Anyone else having problems with using Redszone on a mobile device where touching anywhere on the page activates the link to the amazon.com ad? It seems like whenever I try to touch another link, I'm sent to amazon.com.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: problems viewing RZ on mobile devices?

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Anyone else having problems with using Redszone on a mobile device where touching anywhere on the page activates the link to the amazon.com ad? It seems like whenever I try to touch another link, I'm sent to amazon.com.
    Yep, been having the same problem on my Droid. It usually does it to me when I am trying to access the next page of a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Yep, been having the same problem on my Droid. It usually does it to me when I am trying to access the next page of a thread.
    Yes. The link area is so small you either have to be lucky or zoom way in. It seems like the amazon link is a background link for the entire page.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I have the same issue on my Droid.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

I'll look into it and see what I can find out. Thanks for letting me know.

I noticed for me it does it when i try to go to the next page. One thing i do is select the page number at the top of the posts and not the bottom ones. Still a pain but not as much as contantly going to amazon.

I've had the same Amazone issue others have mentioned on my iphone. However, I recently picked up the tapatalk app and the site runs like a dream on there.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I don't have a Droid (yet, anyway), so I can't test any changes I make, so you guys will have to help me out in that regard. Below is the section of our code that displays the Amazon link - I'm far from an expert on programming, but I don't see anything blatantly obvious that stands out that would cause this problem. Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable in this area sees what's causing the problem and can recommend a solution:

Code:
    <center><a href="http://www.redszone.com/forums/payments.php">Turn off ads?</a></center>
    <br>
    <iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=reds00-20&o=1&p=29&l=ur1&category=amazonvideoondemand&banner=1EW444ZV1R0FCXH8MJ82&f=ifr" width="120" height="600" scrolling="no" border="0" marginwidth="0" style="border:none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Boss, could you post the code for another add or two for the sake of comparison?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

The other ads are built in to a custom addon we have installed, so it doesn't really display the code like with Amazon.

I removed the Amazon ad, so that should resolve this problem.

Retired

It must have been a Droid or iPhone thing, I read the site daily only Blackberry and never had an issue. Used the standard Blackberry browser, as well as Bolt for BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I removed the Amazon ad, so that should resolve this problem.
    Thanks for removing the add. It works like a dream for me now.

Turn Off Ads?