Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Travel question for the Redszone globetrotters....

  1. #1
    The Latin Heartthrob Javy Pornstache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006

    Travel question for the Redszone globetrotters....

    Forgive me for what may sound like such a simple question, but I am getting conflicting answers. I am going to Windsor, Ontario, for an event that I would likely be there less than a day. I am aware that some of the nation's immigration laws changed recently, but am hearing conflicting reports about what is needed for entry into Windsor. I am a naivete when it comes to travel. Do I need a passport for this? If so, how far in advance should I apply for one?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Please come again pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    portland, oregon

    Re: Travel question for the Redszone globetrotters....

    ENTRY / EXIT REQUIREMENTS: Entry into Canada is solely determined by Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) officials in accordance with Canadian law. Please see the CBSA’s website for details. Canadian law requires that all persons entering Canada carry both proof of citizenship and proof of identity. A valid U.S. passport, passport card or NEXUS card (see below) satisfies these requirements for U.S. citizens. If U.S. citizen travelers to Canada do not have a passport, passport card or approved alternate document such as a NEXUS card, they must show a government-issued photo ID (e.g. Driver’s License) and proof of U.S. citizenship such as a U.S. birth certificate, naturalization certificate, or expired U.S. passport. Children under 16 need only present proof of U.S. citizenship. (Please see below for important information concerning re-entry into the United States).

    If you plan to travel to Canada with a minor who is not your own child or for whom you do not have full legal custody, CBSA may require you to present a notarized affidavit of consent from the minor’s parents. Please refer to the CBSA website linked above for more details. There is no specific form for this document, but it should include dates of travel, parents’ names and photo copies of their state-issued IDs.

    When returning to the United States from Canada, it is very important to note that all U.S. citizens are required to present a valid U.S. passport to enter or re-enter the United States via air. For entry into the United States via land and sea borders, U.S. citizens must present either a U.S. passport, passport card, NEXUS card, Enhanced Drivers License or other Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)-compliant document. The only exception to this requirement is for U.S. citizens under the age of 16 (or under 19, if traveling with a school, religious, or other youth group) who need only present a birth certificate (original, photocopy or certified copy), Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or naturalization certificate.

    American travelers are urged to obtain WHTI-compliant documents before entering Canada well in advance of their planned travel. For the most recent information on WHTI and WHTI-compliant documents, please see the State Department’s website.

    One of the WHTI-compliant documents for crossing the land border is the U.S. Passport Card. The card may not be used to travel by air and is available only to U.S. citizens. American citizens can visit travel.state.gov or call 1-877-4USA-PPT (1-877-487-2778) for information on how to apply for their passports.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Cincinnati, OH

    Re: Travel question for the Redszone globetrotters....

    Yes, you need a passport.

    Standard processing for a passport can take months, so apply ASAP. You can get expidited service, but if I remember correctly is quite a bit more expensive. I needed one for a business trip to Canada, so my company paid for the faster service, but it still took several weeks. I ended up writing a letter to my Congressman explaining the situation and they called the State Department for me. It showed up 3 days later. That method may or may not work for you, but it's worth a shot.

  5. #4
    Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Toronto, ON

    Re: Travel question for the Redszone globetrotters....

    Yep. You do. I went to Windsor for a day trip (curling!) last year. Assuming you're driving in, they'll ask for it at the border and ask you what your'e there for. Not that I advise lying/breaking the law, but if you're going for work and you say as much, they're going to require some additional paperwork.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

  6. #5
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Cincinnati, Ohio

    Re: Travel question for the Redszone globetrotters....

    We got a passport for my daughter recently and I think it took about a month, 6 wks at the max and it cost about $40.

  7. #6
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Back in Florida

    Re: Travel question for the Redszone globetrotters....

    If you're in a hurry you can pay a bit more to expedite and get a passport in less than two weeks.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!

RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball

Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | JaxRed | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | RedsfaninMT | The Operator