Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Only one team can stop the Reds

Only one team can stop the Reds

You guessed it...it's the Reds. In spite of the fact that Cub's hitting is improved (minus ARam) they are doing no better than last year and are going NOWHERE. The team is NOT a team with any consistancy or confidence. I think maybe it's time for Sweet Lou to mosie his sweet ass down the road. He has lost all his fire, and his players know it.

The Cardinals ? They are even less of a team than Chicago. They have 2 great pitchers and 1 good one. The 5th starter or his replacement has won only one game all year, so every 5th game is like an automatic loss. The 4th starter, Penny is on the DL for...who knows?

The cleanup hitting Holliday is last in RBI and homers for that position. After 3 months you would think they would move him to a spot in the order where power wasn't that important, but that would be admitting that his ginormous signing was a mistake.

Pujols, like Holliday is hitting like a guy that quit steroids last year. (see big Poppi, Arod and Manny) Not only is not leading the league in anything, but he is not leading his own team in much. He's not even batting .300....ESPN is ignoring this since they DID anoint him the Machine, but pitchers (and Dusty) have noticed.

The playoffs is another matter, but the Central is the Red's to lose as none of the other 4 have the desire, or talent to win.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Only one team can stop the Reds

.296/14/44/.410/.540

While those are hardly the numbers you'd expect from Pujols, he is still up at the elite level.

I do agree that the Reds can keep this thing going all year. If they get their bullpen in order, the sky's the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    You guessed it...it's the Reds. In spite of the fact that Cub's hitting is improved (minus ARam) they are doing no better than last year and are going NOWHERE. The team is NOT a team with any consistancy or confidence. I think maybe it's time for Sweet Lou to mosie his sweet ass down the road. He has lost all his fire, and his players know it.

The Cardinals ? They are even less of a team than Chicago. They have 2 great pitchers and 1 good one. The 5th starter or his replacement has won only one game all year, so every 5th game is like an automatic loss. The 4th starter, Penny is on the DL for...who knows?

The cleanup hitting Holliday is last in RBI and homers for that position. After 3 months you would think they would move him to a spot in the order where power wasn't that important, but that would be admitting that his ginormous signing was a mistake.

Pujols, like Holliday is hitting like a guy that quit steroids last year. (see big Poppi, Arod and Manny) Not only is not leading the league in anything, but he is not leading his own team in much. He's not even batting .300....ESPN is ignoring this since they DID anoint him the Machine, but pitchers (and Dusty) have noticed.

The playoffs is another matter, but the Central is the Red's to lose as none of the other 4 have the desire, or talent to win.
    I agree the only team that can stop the Reds is the Reds. However the rest of your statements are pretty bold claims. The Cardinals are less of a team than Chicago??? Come on, I hate the Cardinals but realize they are night and day compared to the Cubs. 2 great pitchers is 2 more great pitchers than we have. And you act as if Pujols is the only guy in their lineup, Rasmus is turning into a stud, Freese is pretty good, Molina is a great all-around catcher. And accusing Pujols of steroids, just because he is not hitting like a baseball god for the first season in his life is pretty unfair.

I am still afraid of the Cardinals. 1 win against KCR does not get us over the hump of the Cardinals, who we still have issues with.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I agree the only team that can stop the Reds is the Reds. However the rest of your statements are pretty bold claims. The Cardinals are less of a team than Chicago??? Come on, I hate the Cardinals but realize they are night and day compared to the Cubs. 2 great pitchers is 2 more great pitchers than we have. And you act as if Pujols is the only guy in their lineup, Rasmus is turning into a stud, Freese is pretty good, Molina is a great all-around catcher. And accusing Pujols of steroids, just because he is not hitting like a baseball god for the first season in his life is pretty unfair.

I am still afraid of the Cardinals. 1 win against KCR does not get us over the hump of the Cardinals, who we still have issues with.
    What he said.

i would agree with you but when we face teams that actually have a good pitching staff (Cardinals, giants, padres) we really struggle to score runs and idk if anyone has started to notice but our SP has been below average lately

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post

Sorry, I did not make it clear. What I meant was the Cards are less of a TEAM than the Cubs. The team chemestry is non existant. Only 2 players have a steady line-up spot. Like Lugo, Lopez is the better fielder and hitter than Shumacher but can't get the job due to LaRussa's man love for him.

The constant miss-managing has got to have an effect on the team psyche, as does the sending down of productive players (like Jon Jay) in favor of Cubs castoff Aaron Miles, a horrendous post-roid player. More man love.

Add to that the hiring of the ultimate LaRussa croney to instruct hitting ! That teams hitting has never been as bad and inconsistant as it is now. And do you think his addition to the clubhouse boosted morale?

BTW, I didn't accuse Pujols of steroid use. Don't blame me that his and Holliday's performance so far resemble the post 'roid syndrome.

Turn Off Ads?