Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Phillips to have MRI

Phillips to have MRI

This does not sound good:
    Second baseman Brandon Phillips (hamstring) said after today’s 7-3 loss to Kansas City that he will have an MRI on Monday. The Reds are off Monday.

“To tell you the truth, I don’t know what else to say,” Phillips said.
    “Certainly you can’t afford to lose Brandon for 10 days to two weeks,” manager Dusty Baker said after the game. “Hopefully having an off-day helps, too.”
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...s-to-have-mri/
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Phillips to have MRI

Hopefully it's nothing too serious. Losing Phillips would be a huge blow.

That is not good news for the Reds.

Maybe it's time to call up Chris V? He is not Phillips, but he is having a good year in Louisville. If not he, then Sutton one would think.

All in all not the best of weekends...
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

This will test how much depth the Reds really have. They got lucky with Cairo having a career week when Votto was hurt. Let's hope someone else can get lucky this week.

I'm hoping it's Valaika. He seems ready and has paid his dues. He also might be the Reds 2B next year, no matter how healthy Phillips is.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

After watching the future infielders of the Reds Organization when the Bats visited Columbus (I watched a doubleheader). I hope Phillips is alright or there is something at AA. I was not impressed with the glove work of Valaika. Just my opinion.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

I could see Valaika, but my vote is for Sutton. He was great in his one game up here, he was decent last year, and he tore the cover off the ball in AAA so far.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Wish Frazier was worth something.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Hopefully that's just precautionary to make sure nothing else is wrong with his calf and the two days off help him out enough to avoid the DL.

Hasn't Sutton been hitting well at Louisville? He wasn't too bad when he was up here last so he could be a good option if we do need some help here. Janish could play 2nd if it's a short wouldn't be able to have as many days off if we lose Brandon for too long.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Valaika is fine at 2B. Not spectacular, but solid. When you get used to Phillips or Janish, average seems pretty weak. But he has the bat more than anyone else you might consider. Except Sutton, maybe. But Valaika's glove is better than Sutton.

MRI for a hamstring.....that's not good.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

I'd like to see Valaika up if Phillips goes to the DL. Man, this would hurt, though.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    MRI for a hamstring.....that's not good.
    Seriously.

Hamstring for a guy like Phillips is like elbow or shoulder for a pitcher. Even with the Reds in a pennant race, I really hope they let him heal and don't rush him back.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Let's hope and pray it turns out to be nothing major.

Turn Off Ads?