Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cubs/White Sox (both) No Hitter Alert

Cubs/White Sox (both) No Hitter Alert

Both Lilly and Floyd have not given up a hit through 6.

The game is on ESPN, so anyone with cable can watch it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cubs/White Sox (both) No Hitter Alert

Given the way this season has gone, who knows how this will turn out.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Lilly has recorded 2 outs now.

Problem is, his pitch count is getting up there.

No hits through 7 for the White Sox.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

The last double no hit game to go nine innings was between the Cubs and Reds back in like 1914. The Reds won the game 1-0 after scoring a run somehow in the 10th inning. I think that's what they just got finished saying on ESPN. This is pretty interesting to see a double no hitter going on tonight. I'm rooting for the Sox to sweep the Cubbies.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    The last double no hit game to go nine innings was between the Cubs and Reds back in like 1914. The Reds won the game 1-0 after scoring a run somehow in the 10th inning. I think that's what they just got finished saying on ESPN. This is pretty interesting to see a double no hitter going on tonight. I'm rooting for the Sox to sweep the Cubbies.
    Point of order: it was 1917. But not to bust your chops, Heather
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

In Heather's defense, 1917 is "like 1914".

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Point of order: it was 1917. But not to bust your chops, Heather
    Ahhh, I was close! I was only half paying attention to the year and I'm sitting too far away from the TV to see the little graphic thing. Thanks for the correction and no harm done!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Soriano breaks up the White Sox no no with 2 outs in the 7th. Lilly has not given up a hit yet to the White Sox.

Lilly no hits through 8.

I want the White Sox to break this up. I do not want the Cubs getting a no hitter (and winning the game for that matter).

Why is Floyd still in there? Isn't his pitch count way up there? I guess Ozzie has no faith in his bullpen either, LOL

Here we go. About to begin the 9th.

Maybe we can use the power of jinx. Until it happens or is broken up, I want every body reading, just once, to post the following word: jinx. Let's see if we can do it!

jinx

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Pierre breaks it up!! Thank you Juan!!

YES!!!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Turn Off Ads?