Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Did Griffey's retirement have anything to do with ....

Did Griffey's retirement have anything to do with ....

the looming series with the Reds? Just wondering.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Did Griffey's retirement have anything to do with ....

Huh? What does that have to do with anything?

No, it had to do with the lack of staying awake through games.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Yes, he was too scared to play against us. He got frightened and retired. That most certainly was the reason, not that lack of playing time or the low batting average. It was the Reds.

Well, I didn't want to say it, but .... I do think that the Reds playing the Mariners this season DID factor into it. Griffey knows that things didn't turn out well for him or the franchise when he was with the Mariners the first time around. He had some great moments, but just as many lousy ones. There were rumors that he loafed during games (you can find them many places), even when he was with the Reds. Personally, I liked Junior (when he was with the Mariners the FIRST time). Put yourselves in his shoes. If you knew you were just a broken shell of your former self, and you were from the Cincinnati area, would YOU want to come back to play AGAINST your home town? I sure wouldn't!

Turn Off Ads?