Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Week for Our Reds

This Week for Our Reds

Our Reds really have their work cut out for them this week. The Cardinals come home from their west coast trip and the Reds head out on Thursday. In the meantime the Reds play the very talented Dodgers while the Cardinals get the Mariners at home. If we look at it further, the Reds will draw the Mariners two aces this weekend in Seattle (where the Mariners play much better) Cliff Lee and King Felix. The Mariners rotation is quite top heavy this year particularly after Doug Fister went on the DL. I'm sure their road record when Lee and Hernandez aren't pitching is pretty ugly while they are very formidable at home when they do have that duo on the mound.

Add to that the Phillips injury and I think it'll be a challenge for the Reds just to stay close to the Cards. If they can hold their own that's about all we can ask at this point. I fear we're looking at an ugly stretch. I'd love to be wrong.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: This Week for Our Reds

The Reds are going through their first major rough patch of the year. The starting pitching is struggling pretty bad and the bullpen is bad like always this year. Injuries to Phillips and Hanigan have put us in a bad spot also.

Lets hope the last two weeks are just a mini slump and the luck starts turning around.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Actually the Reds were very fortunate health wise for the first two months and that was bound to adjust back to the mean, and it has with Phillips, Bailey and Hanigan out

Which is what I said. It's the first rough spot of the year seemingly.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

The Cardinals luck continues. They play a three game series at home against the Mariners and miss both Felix Hernandez and Cliff Lee. How does that happen?
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 06-14-2010 at 12:03 PM.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Wow, the Cardinals luck continues. They play a three game series at home against the Mariners and miss both Felix Hernandez and Cliff Lee. How does that happen?
    The Baseball Gods smile on the St. Louis franchise quite a bit. That, and they're chalked full of guys who are ballplayers.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5
    2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2

Eh, they still have to face Luke French, Ryan Rowland-Smith and Jason Vargas. Like a murderer's row for pitchers.

The Reds just need to find a way to beat one of Lee/Hernandez and then win the finale against French.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

The Reds just need to find a way to beat one of Lee/Hernandez and then win the finale against French.
    Just keep it close, run-up the pitch counts and get into the Seattle pen. Plenty of teams seem to have found a way to beat the Mariners this year--even when Lee and Hernandez are on the mound.

The Cardinals luck continues. They play a three game series at home against the Mariners and miss both Felix Hernandez and Cliff Lee. How does that happen?
    I have a feeling we'll regret not playing better against the Giants and Royals after St. Louis had that dismal road trip.

That was big chance to make up some distance; especially the first game of the Giants and Royals series. Tip your hate to Greinke and Cain, but the Reds had their chances in those first two games of those series.

While the middle relief is horrendous, the starting pitching hasn't fared much better. Outside of Lecure and the one start from Harang, they were suspect to say the least.

As long as Rolen & Gomes are in the lineup, I'm not too scared of Cliff Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    As long as Rolen & Gomes are in the lineup, I'm not too scared of Cliff Lee
    I'd sure like to have Brandon Phillips back for that one too

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

When are we slated for Felix and Lee? I know this weekend but which days.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5
    2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2

I just hope we can take two outta three from those damn Dodgers.

I HATE THE Dodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I just hope we can take two outta three from those damn Dodgers.

I HATE THE Dodgers.
    My Dad does too.

Which is hard for us youngsters to believe.

I would like nothing more than to loathe the Cardinals just as much because that means the Reds will be competitive for years to come.

Turn Off Ads?