Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Diamondback fire sale has began.

The Diamondback fire sale has began.

The A's just traded for Connor Jackson

That likely means their flood gates are open. Only people they probably wont trade is Reynolds, and Upton. Probably Edwin Jackson as well.

That means Haren, Chris Young, Kelly Johnson, Laroche, Stephen Drew, and Aaron Heilman are all available most likely.

Only guy the Reds would probably target is Haren, and a chance of Heilman.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Diamondback fire sale has began.

They trade him for a reliever named Sam Demel.

How the mighty have fallen. Connor Jackson was once a really valuable player.

I've heard the Reds mentioned with Heilman before. Is he in the rotation or the bullpen?

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    I've heard the Reds mentioned with Heilman before. Is he in the rotation or the bullpen?
    Bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    The A's just traded for Connor Jackson

That likely means their flood gates are open. Only people they probably wont trade is Reynolds, and Upton. Probably Edwin Jackson as well.

That means Haren, Chris Young, Kelly Johnson, Laroche, Stephen Drew, and Aaron Heilman are all available most likely.

Only guy the Reds would probably target is Haren, and a chance of Heilman.
    They traded someone who hit .182 last season and .238 this season, I would not call that a fire sale

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    They traded someone who hit .182 last season and .238 this season, I would not call that a fire sale
    He was injured and sick last year with Valley Fever. He also has only had 280 some PA the last 2 years that you are quoting. 3 previous years he had an OPS over .800 and an OPS+ over 100.

He had a bad year last year, and hes not hitting up to speed yet this year but 280 PAs doesnt make a player. I dont buy in that they just traded Willy Taveras like you probably are suggesting.

http://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/16240049025

The expectation among rival executives is that the D-Backs are prepared to continue moving players aggressively,to change course, to save $,

Would love to see Haren instead of Harang every 5 days. Harangatang had a good run here, but I just don't have confidence in him for the long haul. Might do him good to go out there, close to home.

Harang and prospects for Haren and Heilman?

If you were the DBacks would you do something like that? Why would they take Harang?

Harang, Alonso, Masset, Del Rosario, Todd Frazier, and Carlos Fisher for Haren and Heilman?

Quote Originally Posted by vottofan4life View Post
    Harang, Alonso, Masset, Del Rosario, Todd Frazier, and Carlos Fisher for Haren and Heilman?
    I don't think we need to throw Alonso in there. If the get Del Rosario, Frazier, and Fisher that's a pretty good group of prospects. Along with Masset who has shown in the past that he has the ability to be a good 8th inning guy.

If you were the DBacks would you do something like that? Why would they take Harang?
    If Harang is traded the 2011 option becomes a mutual one at a cool 14 million. I can't see Aaron Harang not exercising that puppy. So you are correct, sir. Harang isn't heading to the DBacks. They are trying save money.

Mutual Option means both have to agree.

I would love to have Heilman in the pen, just not sure what we'd realistically have to give up for him.

He's from Indiana isn't he?

Mutual Option means both have to agree.
    Thanks. That makes sense. For some reason I was thinking Mutual meant either side could trigger the option. In reality it means either side could decline the option.

http://baseballanalysts.com/archives...l_of_ohmyh.php

In the meantime, the bigger question for the game is why in the world do teams and players agree to "mutual" options? When you sit back and think about such arrangements, they are really nonsensical. It's kind of like marriage and divorce. While it takes two to get married, it only takes one to demand a divorce. A bilateral agreement in which either side can opt out is really unilateral in nature, at least when it comes to ending matters.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-15-2010 at 02:57 PM.

Turn Off Ads?