Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A's Acquire Conor Jackson

My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: A's Acquire Conor Jackson

.238/.326/.331/.657

In a hitters park and headed for the tougher league and harder park.

Tough road.

They had such a solid-seeming core of young talent, and now they're ready to blow it up. If I were a DBacks fan, this would be a very discouraging time. I have to wonder, and I know this may be anathema to some, if the lack of having a veteran like Rolen to mesh with the young position players has hurt Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    They had such a solid-seeming core of young talent, and now they're ready to blow it up. If I were a DBacks fan, this would be a very discouraging time. I have to wonder, and I know this may be anathema to some, if the lack of having a veteran like Rolen to mesh with the young position players has hurt Arizona.
    One of teh issues I read was that the team was chock full of 1st rounders and adversary was not known well by most there, apparently they are pretty laid bac as team and Reynolds is the most upbeat guy because he had to go through a little more than Upto, Young and Drew

One of teh issues I read was that the team was chock full of 1st rounders and adversary was not known well by most there, apparently they are pretty laid bac as team and Reynolds is the most upbeat guy because he had to go through a little more than Upto, Young and Drew
    I think an accomplished graybeard, a guy with a quality resume, may have been able to get some of those guys grounded.

I think an accomplished graybeard, a guy with a quality resume, may have been able to get some of those guys grounded.
    Reds have Scott Rolen, D'backs have Augie Ojeda.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Reds have Scott Rolen, D'backs have Augie Ojeda.
    Nothing against Augie Doggie, but yeah.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Konerko could be this year's Rolen somewhere....
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Buster Olney tweeted that basically the D'Backs are open for business.

Gladly take Chad Qualls off their hands despite his struggles. Aaron Heilman wouldn't be shabby either.

Chad Qualls? No thanks.

If I'm Walt, I would get on the phone immediately with the D-Backs and see what it would take to acquire Dan Haren.

High five!

Qualls has been a "big disappointment" on my fantasy team. I'm glad I picked up Heilman as it looks like he may be getting the job.

I'm all for Heilman anyhow. He'll go over well with the "stirrups" folks!

Qualls has had some control problems this year, but is striking out over a batter an inning, and is suffering from a .474 BABIP. He has an ERA of 8.46, but a FIP of 4.14 and xFIP of 3.56. I doubt it would take a ton for the Reds to acquire him, and I think it's a great buy low opportunity.

Edit: If you subtract the IBB's from Qualls's walk rate, his K/BB rate rises to 3.77.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Qualls has had some control problems this year, but is striking out over a batter an inning, and is suffering from a .474 BABIP. He has an ERA of 8.46, but a FIP of 4.14 and xFIP of 3.56. I doubt it would take a ton for the Reds to acquire him, and I think it's a great buy low opportunity.

Edit: If you subtract the IBB's from Qualls's walk rate, his K/BB rate rises to 3.77.
    Believe me, I know. I look at the FIP and xFIP plus the saves every day as a reason not to drop him. I just think the Reds need someone who's "doing it" instead of someone who's "done it" or "might do it" right about now.

Maybe though!

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Believe me, I know. I look at the FIP and xFIP plus the saves every day as a reason not to drop him. I just think the Reds need someone who's "doing it" instead of someone who's "done it" or "might do it" right about now.
    Maybe though!
    I'll agree with that. I don't think that should be the only move, but if the D'Backs are shedding, I'd be glad to take him off their hands assuming it wouldn't cost much.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post

When Qualls learns to control that BABIP of his, only then should be go knocking......

I think he would be an excellent target.

Turn Off Ads?