Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: 6/16/10 - Reds vs Dodgers

Re: 6/16/10 - Reds vs Dodgers

I hate the Dodgers.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds hitting hard times, but so are the Cards (thankfully). I didn't think they were going to have much of a chance vs Kershaw. Heck of a lefty.

Reds got one heck of a schedule going into the AS break. We're now off to the west coast for 6 games vs Seattle and Oakland before we come home for 6 vs the Indians and Phillies.

Cards don't have it easy either..... A's, Toronto, KC, and D'Backs.

Oh yeah..... and Wendelstedt really put the screws to us last night.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

As West Coast trips go, Oakland and Seattle is one that shouldn't be a killer for the Reds. Neither team is all that hot, the parks should be more suited for our pitchers and the way that the Reds are put together adding the DH helps a lot. Using Gomes to Dh while getting Heisey or Nx in the line-up should be a help or they could use the spot to give the gimpy (Phillips) or aging (Rolen) guys a break while still keeping their bats in the line-up.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

It's damned if you do damned if you don't for Dusty tonight. Leake>Pen but with a good pen he would've never hit the last half inning.
    More or less, yeah. There's no way Leake should have been pitching to Ethier with 2 on and 2 out in the 6th. He was at 100 pitches (I'd have pulled him after the 5th) and it was the 4th time through the lineup.

Problem being, as noted, the pen is shredded. They need to experiment with another lefthander soon, like real soon.

But Baker needs to be especially careful with Leake. I'm yet to see him be careful with any starting pitcher. Not one.

Turn Off Ads?